Chapter Thirteen

Living Room, Kapoor Mansion

After the priest announced Armaan and Kavya as Husband and Wife. They took their parents and elders blessings by touching their feet. Even relatives and friends came forward to wish the newly wedded couple.

Then everyone made their way towards the lawn where food is arranged. But Armaan and Kavya stayed back as a special arrangement is done in the living room for them.

Ruhi guides them to a round table, where Myra helps Kavya in walking as her bridal outfit is heavy.

Kavya and Armaan frown in confusion, seeing the chairs were placed next to each other, instead of across each other.

However, Ruhi doesn't give them time to react and asks them to take their seats. Then she calls a waiter to bring their food.

The waiter places only one plate between them, increasing their confusion and serves the food.

Ruhi and Myra share a mischievous look and Myra explains, "As per the tradition, you both have to eat from one plate, but-"

Ruhi walks behind them and leans to inform with a teasing smile, "You can't eat by yourself, your partner will feed you. That means Armaan will feed Kavya and Kavya will feed Armaan."

Kavya's eyes widen in surprise and Armaan turn to look at Ruhi with raises eyebrows. She nods in confirmation and gestures with eyes towards their plate.

Armaan thinks with a sigh, 'How many more rituals? This day is so damn long.'

Myra states with a wink, "Have fun."

Ruhi and Myra walk away to give the couple privacy. Armaan glances at Kavya to find her gaze lowered and hands playing with her bangles in nervousness.

Armaan states in a comforting tone, "If you are not comfortable, then we won't follow this tradition."

Kavya turns to meet his gaze, which is offering her comfort and assurance.

But her heart craves to be pampered by the person, she loves. The willingness to experience the affection through such gestures, starts overpowering her nervousness.

Plus, the pain of staying away from Armaan didn't allow her to slip this opportunity.

So, Kavya argues in a determined voice, "But it's a ritual, we have to follow."

Armaan stares at her in surprise as her words didn't match the emotions in her eyes.

Spending three years in the corporate world and turning into an arrogant, unbeatable businessman has gifted him with the skills of reading body language and eyes of the people.

Although, today he fails to understand Kavya's behaviour. First, she seemed nervous, but in the next minute, she is willing to perform the ritual.

Kavya faces him and raises her eyebrows in a demanding manner, while instructing, "What are you waiting for? Let's eat."

Armaan nods in approval, making her smiles and he reaches for the spoon.

He fills the spoon with an Indian sweet - gajar ka halwa and stretch his same arm towards Kavya's mouth.

Kavya asks with a smile, "Starting with sweets?"

Armaan smiles and wishes her, "Congratulations for the marriage, Mrs. Raichand."

Kavya giggles and takes another spoon to fill with the same sweet. She forwards the spoon towards Armaan's mouth.

Kavya wishes back, "Congratulations for the marriage, Mr. Raichand."