Chapter Fourty Two

Ruhi's Apartment

Ruhi surfs through Kavya's account in her phone to view the photos of Veer's party, while drinking the herbal tea and sneezing in-between. She needed to know, what is running in Kavya's mind now and what Armaan's intentions are?

She drags the notification panel to check for any message from Kavya, but huffs in disappointment to find none. She has sent many messages to her and even tried calling, only to know her phone is switched off.

Her concern kept increasing with the time, though she knew her friend needs some time alone and tomorrow is Saturday, so they won't have NGO duties. She will get good opportunity to talk with her and help her, if she needs.

Ruhi decides to take her medicines and sleep as she sneezes thrice in a row. But a photograph catches her attention and she selects a picture in which Rihan is offering a drink to Kavya, who smiles at him in return.

She keeps the tea cup aside as her eyes take a full view of Rihan's attire from top to bottom. He wore a midnight blue shawl collar tuxedo with a shimmery grey bow and white shirt. His black hair were styled with gel and he smiled warmly at Kavya, making him seem as a perfect gentleman.

Ruhi knew Kavya wasn't the one to be comfortable with a man's presence unless she recognises him well. So, seeing her comfortable with Rihan within a handful of meetings makes her realise, he has a gentle and welcoming aura.

Her mind takes her to the memory of the NGO, where she was worried for Kavya, who was alone with Armaan inside the gaming room. Rihan had tried to assure her, Armaan won't hurt Kavya and gave her a gentle smile, convincing to believe him.

A hilarious giggle escapes her lips when she remembers, Rihan was smiling on her comment of poisonous snake for the Politician instead of fuming in anger as Armaan because Kavya was protecting the land effortlessly.

But a sudden sneeze breaks her trance and she realises what she is doing and locks the phone screen.

Ruhi murmurs, "Damn, I am drooling over the pig's assistant. I guess, these medicines are showing side effect in my brain. I need sleep."

She shakes her head to kick away the image and thoughts of Rihan from her mind. But the doorbell rings grabs her attention and she frowns, glancing at the wall watch.

She murmurs, "Who has come at 10 pm?"

Ruhi stands to walk towards the door and unlocks the door before opening it.

Her eyes widen in shock to find Rihan at the door step with many shopping bags.

Ruhi demands in shock, "You?"

Rihan smiles in response, but she continues to stare with wide, stunned eyes, making his smile drop.

He clears his throat and asks in a polite tone, "Care to invite your guest inside?"

Ruhi snaps out of her trance and asks instantly, "Why?"

He clears his throat awkwardly and reasons, "Because I was taught, whether one likes the guest or not. The least, they deserve is a welcome and a glass of water, if possible."

Ruhi realises, she is being rude and moves aside, silently allowing him to enter. He enters with a smile and she shuts the door, while sneezing and gestures him to sit on the couch.

Rihan takes a seat and asks with concern, "Did you visit a doctor?"

She sneezes again and informs, "No, I took paracetamol and some herbal teas."