Chapter Thirty Seven

Suite Room, Veer's Hotel

Bathroom

Kavya leans back against the bathtub, filled with warm, soapy water and stares at the ceiling with teary eyes. She inhales the soothing fragrance of the bath salt, but it does nothing to calm the havoc in her senses.

After Armaan's question in the conference room, she was shocked to analyse the sincerity and hope in his eyes. It made her realise the question wasn't just a few words spoken in the heat of the moment. It was asked with a genuine intention to start a relationship with her.

She fails to believe, he is that same person, who denied to consider her as his wife and declared their marriage meant nothing to him about a month back. The one, who abandoned her after getting his benefits, today was asking for a chance.

However, she didn't receive an opportunity to react, as Rihan interrupted their moment to inform about the press conference. Even at that time, she noticed a hint of disappointment in Armaan's eyes because he had to go without getting an answer from her.

Nevertheless, he escorted​ her to the room, after taking the room keys from Rihan. The journey from the conference room to the suite room passed in an awkward silence, where she avoided to face him, whereas he kept gazing her, still waiting for the answer to his question.

Though, he didn't pressurise her as he sensed her dilemma. He even took his bag, which has the party clothes and shifted to Rihan's room to give her privacy for which she was thankful.

Kavya needed some alone time to understand the change in Armaan from the past few days. Since the land incident, he has never argued with her, instead he agrees to each word as if it's a command for him.

Plus, he is constantly attempting to diminish the differences between them. Last night, he came to sit and talk with her as he knew Ruhi's disappointment was bothering her.

A part of her was happy to know, he has noticed her sadness and offered some comfort. Though he didn't help much, his initiative and concern were appreciated by her heart.

However, her mind keeps reminding, Armaan is the same person, who used her for his benefits then abandoned her without a care before going for a business trip.

Kavya closes her eyes, taking a deep breath to calm her raising heartbeats and kill her inner turmoil. But she finds herself drowning in Armaan's hopeful eyes and words from earlier-

"You become my lucky charm.....So, how about we have now?"

Kavya opens her eyes and blinks away the tears, while straightening up. She collects some water in her palms and splashes on her face to fade away the sensation of Armaan's touch still lingering on her cheek.

She turns her face to the right and watches her reflection on the mirror, catching a hint of those feelings in her eyes, which she was hiding from long time. It seems they were pushing the barriers, she created when she decided to stand for her self-respect.

But Kavya still can't trust Armaan and decided to keep them masked, while maintaining a distance with him. He has tricked her once, he can do it again and this fact can't be ignored.

She shakes her head, while staring at her reflection in a way to convince herself to not fall for Armaan again.

However her betraying eyes fall on the back of her right shoulder through the mirror to glance at the epitome of her love.

The tattoo.

FLASHBACK

Tattoo Parlor