Chapter Thirty

Armaan's Cabin, RGC Office

Rihan enters the cabin, while talking on his phone and scans the area for Armaan. He finds him sitting on the single seater sofa, placed at the right side of the cabin and frowns at his posture.

Armaan's eyes were shut with eyebrows furrowed and head resting back, on the headrest of the couch. His legs are crossed and stretched ahead. While his hands are resting on the armrests.

Rihan couldn't stop himself from smiling, as he moves towards him, while talking on the phone, "Ok, make sure you cover it up."

He disconnects the call and leans on the wall, facing Armaan.

Rihan informs, "Sasha will take care of the mess you created in the basement."

Armaan "hmm" in response with his eyes still closed, while Rihan chuckles to himself, remembering the incident happened in the basement.

Rihan repeats Armaan's words, "How dare you touch my wife?"

Armaan opens his eyes and lifts his neck to face Rihan, who has an amused smile, lacing his lips.

Rihan raises his eyebrows and teases, "And....I ruined her life."

Armaan frowns, straightening up as he said those words to Mary in private.

While Rihan answers his unasked question, "Mary called, she was worried for you as you were disturbed, before leaving."

Armaan nods and stays silent as Rihan continues, "I have shared the basement incident with her, which surprisingly killed every doubt in her mind."

Armaan doesn't respond and Rihan goes on, "But my doubts are still alive, so will you care to explain your reactions?"

Armaan shuts his eyes and goes back to the earlier posture, while dismissing him, "Not now."

Rihan murmurs, "As usual."

He turns around to leave, only to stop by hearing Armaan's words, "Will she forgive me?"

Rihan raises his eyebrows in surprise and turns around, to find Armaan's eyes still closed.

He can sense Armaan's stress and the need to share his inner turmoil. So, he walks towards the other couch, across Armaan and sits on it.

Rihan questions in response, "Did you apologise to her?"

Armaan opens his eyes and straightens up to face him, and informs, "Not specifically, I just once said sorry, during our conversation in the NGO."

Rihan concludes, "Means you neither apologise to her systematically nor meaningfully. It was just saying a word."

Armaan reasons, "How will I apologise? We were either fighting or challenging for the land."

Rihan asks with a teasing smile, "And who initiated the fights?"

Armaan looks away in embarrassment and admits, "Me."

Rihan ask again, "Who was rigid and didn't stop provoking someone?"

Armaan doesn't face him and answers, "Me."

Rihan demands with a fake glare, "So, who should be blamed?"

Armaan faces him with a real glare and yells, "If you can't help me, then get the hell out of my office."