Chapter Twelve

Next Day

Armaan's Room, Raichand Mansion, Delhi

At 10 pm, Armaan scrubs the towel over his face, while standing in front of the mirror and wearing only sweatpants. He groans in frustration as the yellow stain of the turmeric paste doesn't fade, which was applied during the haldi function in the evening, today. 

He glances at his bare chest and arms through the mirror and finds the stubborn yellow stain still visible after bathing for an hour.

Armaan curses his relatives and cousins under his breath, who had removed his top and rubbed the turmeric paste over his arms and chest. 

Armaan curses, "I swear, I will kill each one of them with my bare hands, then-"

He stops as the door of his room opens and watches Yash's head peeping inside, through the mirror. Their eyes meets and Yash enters the room while closing the door.

Armaan rolls his eyes in irritated, assuming his father came to give further instructions for the upcoming wedding function. He turns around as Yash makes his way towards his son.

Armaan asks with anger evident in his voice, "Any more instructions Dad?"

Yash sighs and replies in a soft voice, "I know, you are angry because I am forcing you to marry-"

Armaan interrupts with correction, "Blackmailing me with the most precious thing of my life."

Instead of being angry as usual, Yash smiles, making Armaan frown in confusion. He watches his father, walking towards his bed and taking a seat on the edge.

Yash states, "Exactly my point Armaan, you have a precious THING, not a precious person in your life."

Armaan rolls his eyes and informs in a stern voice, "I don't need a precious person in my life. I am absolutely fine living alone."

Yash argues in a calm tone, "You will not understand, unless you experience how different it is to live alone and live with someone."

Armaan exhales in frustration and turns around to grab his t-shirt from the nearby chair to wear. While Yash shakes his head in disbelief and stands to step closer to his son.

Yash confesses, "I know, what impression you have in your mind for me."

Armaan faces his father through the mirror and Yash continues, "A rude, selfish and heartless businessman, who finds benefit in everything."

Armaan frowns and Yash assures, "Don't worry, I won't challenge it, because it is true till some extent."

He walks closer to place his hands over Armaan's shoulders to give a gentle squeeze.

Yash confesses truthfully, "But this time, I am not doing anything for my benefit, Armaan. Trust me, I will achieve nothing from this marriage, it's only you, who will receive everything."

Armaan shrugs off Yash's hands from his shoulder and turns around to demand, "If you are not receiving anything, then why did you blackmail me?"

Yash explains with a sad smile, "There is a time for everything Son. We will discuss this matter after a few months. For now, you can assume, I am sowing seeds for a fruitful future."