Chapter Ten

Next Day

Coffee Shop, Delhi

At 4 pm, Myra, Ruhi and Kavya enter the coffee shop, and settle around a round table. They order coffee and drink from their mug in silence.

Myra and Ruhi stare at a sad Kavya, who is taking small sips from her mug and checking her phone in every minute. They sigh in defeat as their mission to cheer up Kavya failed.

Around 4 hours back, they dragged Kavya to a Spa for her hair, skin and nails. The beauticians undoubtedly did an amazing job as now her skin is glowing, hair is soft and shiny, and nails are shaped in square.

However, her mood and the spark in her eyes remains dull as Armaan didn't call or message her.

Myra leans towards Ruhi and warns, "I swear, I will go to Mumbai and kidnap Jiju for making Didu sad, 4 hours of Spa treatment had zero effect on her mood."

Ruhi replies, "Armaan lives in-between high security, do you think it is easy to kidnap him?"

Myra suggests, "Then let's kidnap Didu and take her to Mumbai. I am sure, she will get access to the entire place. After all, she is their boss's fiance."

Ruhi chuckles and asks, "Good idea, but I don't understand one thing, why isn't Kavya calling Armaan. She has his number for a week now."

Myra rolls her eyes and comments with a bitter tongue, "Say thanks to my mother for teaching tonnes of values to Didu."

Ruhi responds with confusion, "Huh?"

Myra exhales in frustration and elaborates, "As Mamma never troubled Papa for time and attention during his office issues and supported him in every way possible. Didu thinks, she should start walking on Mamma's footsteps from now itself and not demand time as Jiju is disturbed by his office issues. That's why, she prefers to sulk, instead of making a call."

Ruhi nods in understanding and glances at Kavya, who is looking at an old couple, sharing a chocolate muffin. This makes her feel sadder for her friend as she knew Kavya is thinking about sharing such moment with Armaan.

Whereas Myra rolls her eyes and comments, "I swear, if my fiance pulled such stunt on me, I will go to his place and punch him straight on the eye."

Ruhi giggles, turning her attention to a fuming Myra and informs, "Your elder sister said the same thing, when our college friend Saanchi was ignored by her boyfriend Harsh. But look at Kavya now, did she gave Armaan her signature punch?"

Myra slaps her forehead, grabbing Kavya's attention, who asks with concern, "What happened Myra?"

Myra taunts her in response, "Oh! The lovesick puppy realised, she isn't alone and has two worried girls, sitting with her."

Kavya lowers her gaze in embarrassment and apologises, "Sorry."

Myra opens her mouth to scold her, but Ruhi stops by holding her hand, which is resting on the table. She gestures Myra to wait with her eyes and mouths a 'stay angry.' Myra nods in positive and Ruhi shifts her chair closer to Kavya, making their eyes connect.

Ruhi whispers, "Kavya, your sorry won't help now, Myra is beyond annoyed."

Kavya faces her sister with an apologetic look and Myra turns her face away, expressing her anger.

Kavya opens her mouth to talk with Myra, but Ruhi stops her by suggesting, "Why don't you get her favourite ice cream and in the meantime, I will take her to my place. Let's pamper her there and cheer her up."