Chapter Eight

Outside Kavya and Myra's Room

Myra keeps an eye on the staircase to see if anyone is coming upstairs. 

She murmurs, "Jiju and Didu's 5 minutes have stretched to 20 minutes, if Mamma or Papa came to know then no mobile for a week."

Myra plays with the ends of her hair while waiting for them to exit the room. Soon she gets alerted, hearing a familiar sound of bangles. Her eyes widen in shock, seeing Nimrit climbing upstairs and she turns to knock on the door before entering.

Inside the Room

Kavya and Armaan break the hug hearing the knock. They face each other and step back before seeing a scared Myra entering the room.

Myra apologises, approaching them, "Sorry, sorry I came without asking, but Mamma is coming."

Kavya and Armaan again look at each other, thinking how to handle the situation. But they get little time to think as the door cracks open, revealing a confused Nimrit.

Nimrit glances at Armaan and asks, "What are you three doing here? And Armaan-"

Myra interrupts to handle the situation, "Mamma, we were showing Jiju our room."

Nimrit responds in annoyance, "Now? Everyone is discussing the venue down and themes for their marriage. We are waiting for Kavya and Armaan's approval, but you are-"

Armaan interrupts Nimrit to save Myra, "Don't scold her. I had requested them to show the room. I wanted to see if I need to change the interior of my room as per Kavya's comfort. Plus, I thought the venue and themes will be selected by our parents, so asked her now. It's my mistake, Myra was just obeying me."

Nimrit smiles and says in soft, joyful voice, "That's so thoughtful of you Armaan. I am happy to know, you care for Kavya's comfort even in the small matters."

Armaan smiles, and she continues, "But you can do this later, now we need your and Kavya's final approval. We have short-listed a few things so, come downstairs and have a look."

He nods and Nimrit turns to leave. Myra walks closer and pulls Armaan's hand to shake, "Thank you Jiju, you saved me or else Mamma would have punished me."

Armaan smiles with a nod and Myra leaves his hand. She walks towards the door to leave.

He shifts his gaze to Kavya who is already looking at him and smiling. He smiles back and gestures her to come downstairs. They leave the room to join their parents for selection.

Next 10 days

The next 10 days, the Raichand and Kapoor family met several times for the arrangements of the engagement function. This even strengthened the bond between the two families.

Armaan learned, the Kapoors were a happy and compassionate family. All four members shared a unique understanding, Ranveer and Nimrit heard every word their daughters spoke, they communicated with them like friends and corrected their wrong perception towards rituals in a polite manner.

This made him upset for a moment because he and his parents doesn't share such bond. It was always business and reputation for Yash. He has never experienced Yash or Sonia holds his hand as Ranveer and Nimrit would do with their daughters. Ranveer would even wrap his arm around his daughter's shoulder and caresses it, when the girls were tired after hours of discussion.

However, Armaan ignored those heart-wrenching feeling, well aware of his parent's nature and kept himself busy with other selection of his interest.

For the engagement, Kavya ordered a custom made engagement ring for Armaan, which she designed after spending several hours. She had herself drew the design and her parents didn't interfere in this matter, understanding her emotions.