Chapter Twenty Seven

Next Morning

Ruhi's Apartment

Ruhi and Myra exclaim together, "What the hell!"

Kavya sighs, glancing at a stunned Ruhi, who is sitting beside her on the couch. Then turns to face the laptop, placed on the centre table, in front them, to watch an equally stunned Myra.

Kavya had shared the incidents of the previous night with them, along with the argument in the games room of the NGO.

She has even cancelled the morning batches and asked Myra to skip college, to peacefully talk with them, regarding this matter.

Ruhi turns, while sitting in crisscross style to face Kavya and asks, "You made an agreement and he signed it?"

Kavya nods, staring at the agreement copy in her hand, which has everyone's signature, including her.

Myra add through the screen, "But why did he reduced the rent and allowed you to use his car."

Before Kavya could react, Ruhi enquires, "Did you accept his car offer?"

Myra warns, "Didu, there is no need to take any help from that selfish man."

Ruhi supports Myra's statement, "Yes, if you want, we can buy a small second-hand car with my share. I know you have always travelled in Audi and Jaguar, but a car is a car, so-"

Kavya shouts at them, "Will you both let me speak?"

Ruhi and Myra immediately shut their mouth to allow Kavya to explain, "At first, I denied to take the car offer."

She sighs in helplessness and continues, "Then Mary insisted, so I agreed."

Ruhi and Myra yell in shock, "What! Why?"

Kavya covers her ears with her hands and complains, "Stop screaming girls, you both will make me deaf."

Ruhi ignores her complain and snatches the agreement from Kavya's hand. She scans the paper and finds the car offer with Kavya's signature at the right corner of the page.

Ruhi enquires, "Why?"

Kavya explains, "Girls, I don't think there is any harm, as far as I am paying for each fare. Either I pay to cab driver or Armaan's driver, what difference does it make to me?"

Ruhi mocks, "Yeah right. There is no difference between an ordinary, uncomfortable, obsolete cab with illiterate driver and a new, comfy, luxurious Jaguar XJ with a white uniform driver?"

Kavya's eyes widen in surprise and asks, "How do you know about the car model?"

Ruhi answers, "I was having my tea in the balcony when you came and was going to ask for an explanation."

Kavya lowers her gaze and Myra asks in a soft tone, "Didu, why?"

Kavya sighs and confesses, "I don't know, he agreed to my terms, he didn't argue much. So -"

Ruhi interrupts in a harsh tone, "So you thought to accept his terms? Kavya, you have got to be kidding me."

Myra observes her sister's face to know, why she agreed to use his car. She finds a hint of hope in Kavya's eyes, which scare her.

But she even knows those feelings are natural and can't be avoided completely. At some point of time, her heart will grow strong and overpower her mind to avoid other factors. Those times will be difficult for her to make a right decision.