Introduction

Armaan climbs the stairs of his Mansion, followed by his newly wedded wife Kavya, who is glancing around, drinking in the beauty of her new home, where she will start the new journey of her life with her husband.

Once they reached at the top, Armaan turns to face Kavya, who is busy admiring her surroundings. He clears his throat to catch her attention and Kavya immediately shifts her gaze on her husband. He points towards the room with his index finger, on his left and informs, "This is your room" then points towards the room, across the passage and continues, "And that's my room."

Kavya takes a glimpse of the rooms in disarray, then stares at Armaan for clarification. He moves closer and stands in front of her. Taking a deep breath, he confesses, "Listen Kavya, though we are legally married, but I don't consider you as my wife, this marriage means nothing to me."

She freezes at her place in shock, after hearing his statement, whereas Armaan stays unfazed, his face is devoid of any emotions and his eyes remain blank.

###

Kavya keeps sobbing in her room, when she remembers her father's words from an old incident.

FLASHBACK

Kavya faces her father, who explains with confidence and pride, evident in his eyes, "You are my strong daughter, who has handled everything with confidence and maturity.....you have made me and your mother proud....you are my strongest pillar, which can never even budge if placed in any difficult situation....you are qualified enough to manage anything without being weak or helpless....So now stop crying. I didn't raise cry baby, I had raised strong pillar....so tell me, who is my strong pillar?"

PRESENT TIME

Kavya wipes her tears and speaks with newfound confidence, "KAVYA RANVEER KAPOOR." Determination in her eyes, Kavya decides to start a new life with self-respect and independence.

###

Keep Reading to know what happens in Kavya's life as she decides to live without relying on her husband, who abandoned her, right after the marriage.

###

Previously known as Mr. Arrogant's Smart Wife, Not A Damsel in Distress is a women centric Indian love story written in English language.

This story shows how Armaan marries Kavya for his benefits then abandoned her and how she takes a stand for her self-respect and struggles for achieving an independent life, instead of begging or planning a revenge against her husband.

She will prove her capability to survive alone, which makes him realise his mistake and he approaches her for seeking forgiveness.

This story is a tribute to all the strong women in the world for whom nothing is impossible, if they are determined to achieve something in life.

This story does not have dominance, seduction or abusive scenes.

This story will have love, romance, respect and purity in relationships along with practical and real incidences. At certain part, the story might feel slow or dragged but that's important for future scenes.

It is humble request, don't read this story if you are expecting dominance, sexual or abusive scenes. Or men to have a higher position.

I believe in gender equality so Armaan and Kavya will share equal importance in this story.

Thanks for investing your valuable time in reading the introduction.

- Anisha 😊