Chapter Twenty Nine

Armaan's Cabin, RGC Office

Armaan rotates the crystal paper weight, while sitting on his chair and remembers the events of the day. He glares at the desk and clenches his jaw occasionally, suppressing his anger.

A hand lands over his, stopping his actions and he lifts his face to see Rihan. He glares at him as well and releases his hand, but not before Rihan forcefully snatches the paper weight from his hand.

Rihan states, "Enough Armaan, end this fight here. The situation is only getting worst between you and Kavya."

Armaan retorts, standing to his feet, "End this fight, when she took it to the next level?"

Rihan protests, "You provoked her."

Armaan turns around and accuses, "So, you are a Kavya loyalist now, defending her in front of me."

Rihan rolls his eyes and explains, "I am not defending her, I am just enlightening a fact. You provoked her last night and this is how, she has responded."

He walks closer and continues, "And if you still need to blame someone, then blame yourself for the loss of the land."

Armaan faces him with a frown and he continues, "She bugged you and you didn't even realise? That microphone was right on your chest, she must have installed it in front of you. How did your sharp eyes failed to see her tricks?"

Armaan looks away, recollecting how Kavya hovered over him in the morning, touched his cheek and chest to distract him and install the microphone on his waistcoat button.

Similar feeling heats up his body, remembering her seductive touch and captivating hazel eyes. He was paralysed under her spell, unable to think and understand her intentions.

This annoys Armaan as he knew, she will do something to keep the land safe from his reach. He was well aware, she is planning a trap, yet he fell for it and ended up losing the land again.

Rihan speaks, drawing his attention, "Answer me."

Armaan pinches the bridge of his nose and states, "I don't know, my mind was occupied somewhere else."

Rihan knew he is lying because of his gesture of pinching the bridge of his nose. Whenever Armaan is nervous or lying, he pinches his nose and when he is irritated, he will tap his finger tips on any surface or his knee, if he is sitting.

Though he fails to understand, why is he lying to him? Armaan has never felt ashamed to accept his failure or mistakes in front of him because Armaan knew, he will never judge.

His chain of thoughts get an abrupt halt, hearing Armaan's next words, "But two can play this game. She-"

Rihan interrupts, "Stop there, Armaan. I am searching another land, hell with this one."

Armaan opens his mouth to argue, but Rihan reminds him, "And Mister, you had promised me to talk with Kavya and work out a solution. But you are busy fighting with her!"

Armaan protest, "I was planning to find a solution with her, until she-"

Rihan interrupts, "She is performing her duty of protecting the land for the school. Why are you so adamant on fighting with her?"

Armaan turns around to face the window and Rihan continues, "Let me remind you, Kavya didn't propose this marriage. Your father proposed to his father and blackmailed you. If anyone has the right to keep grievances, then it's her and only her because she dreamed of having a loving husband, but got an arrogant businessman, who tricked her for his beloved company."