Chapter Thirty Eight

Kavya's Room

Kavya takes a deep breath to compose herself after hearing a knock as she knew it's Armaan.

After crying in the bathtub, she had decided to not fall weak and show her emotions to him. She can't trust him and allow to play with her heart once again.

Her tattoo was covered again with makeup along with her precious scars and the decision to maintain a distance with him, evident in her eyes.

Another knock grabs Kavya's attention and she moves to open the door. She finds Armaan standing in a black slim fit shawl collar tuxedo suit with white shirt and black shimmery bow. His hair is styled with gel and a strong woody cologne lingers around him.

But Kavya's eyes remain blank and she informs, "Just one minute, I have to wear my jewellery, then I will be ready."

However Armaan's fails to notice her eyes and utter a word, as he stares at his gorgeous wife, dressed in a gold glitter open back halter top with a black flowing solid silk skirt. Her hair are loosely curled from the ends and her natural makeup paired with golden smokey eyes and red matte lipstick gives her a divine look.

Kavya turns around on her gold glitter peep toe platform pumps, flipping her hair in the process and allowing him to have a good view of her bare back.

She makes her way towards the dressing table to grab her black gold-tone soft diamond drop clip earrings. She tucks them in her ears, showing off her golden french manicure nails and the golden watch sparkling around her left wrist. Then she takes her oversize golden floral ring and slides in the ring finger of her right hand.

Armaan keeps gawking at Kavya, who is oblivious of her husband's intense gaze on her. She gives a final look in the mirror, when he shuts the door in his absent-minded state and starts walking towards her.

Before he can reach her, she asks, breaking his trance, "I hope, we are not late. I slept for some time, so I couldn't be ready on time."

Armaan halts at his spot, realising his actions and lowers his gaze. He pinches the bridge of his nose and takes a deep breath, composing himself.

He lifts his gaze to find Kavya staring at him with a frown and asks, "Are we too late?"

Armaan shakes his head and answers in a low voice, "No we-" he halts to clear his throat and continues, "We are not."

Kavya nods and walks closer to stand at two feet distance from him. She decides to act normal as earlier, so he doesn't see her emotions.

She hesitates before beginning, "Umm....I couldn't wish you earlier so-"

She forwards her hand and wishes with a forced smile, "Congratulations for the project."

Armaan's eyes brighten up with her gesture and his lips curl up to a smile. He starts moving towards Kavya, maintaining the eye-contact. Though he doesn't stop when he reaches in front of her, making her Kavya frown and takes her hand back. He keeps moving closer and wraps his arms around her petite figure, engulfing her in his strong embrace.

Kavya's eye widens and hands clenches into fists in shock with the sudden hug.

Armaan breathes in her vanilla fragrance and responds in a low breathy voice, "Thank you, Kavya."

Kavya stays frozen in his arms and he tightens the hug, before continuing with a smile, "You know, this is the first time I have someone with whom I am celebrating my achievement. I know, you are angry and haven't forgiven me. But you accompanied me today, I can't thank you enough, Kavya."