Chapter Thirty Three

Next Day

Helping Hand NGO

Rihan steps out of the car after parking outside the NGO. He has a file in one hand and another is holding his phone against his ear.

Nervousness, anxiety and fear were clearly visible in his eyes, as he takes a step towards Vikas's office. He lifts his other leg to take the next step, only to stop and move back, while shaking his head in negative.

Rihan whines in the phone, "Armaan, your wife will break my bones, if you have forgotten, then please watch the video of Kavya's training again. The CD is kept in your table's left drawer."

Armaan barks through the phone, "Shut up and just do it. She will be angry at first, but when she knows the reason, she will be happy."

Rihan asks with doubt, "Do you think, I will survive till explaining her the reasons? The moment she knows what you have done, she will burst like a volcano. Do you know how dangerous she is?"

Armaan yells in reply, "Rihan, stop being a brat and step inside." 

Rihan yells back, "Don't yell at me. I was supposed to make the arrangements ONLY. Dealing with your wife should be your task, not mine. I didn't marry Kavya."

Armaan explains after a sigh, "Rihan, if I could do, then our locations would have been reversed. But she will assume something negative, the moment she sees me in the NGO. Talking and explaining is impossible, when she is angry, that's why I had asked you to do."

Rihan whines again, "But why should I be a guinea pig? Sometimes I feel, you are taking extra advantage of my leniency. I will resign one day."

Armaan responds with arrogance, "You will never resign, I know you."

Rihan fakes a sniff and yells, "I hate you!"

Armaan replies, "I know that as well, now step inside."

Rihan shakes his head in negative and reasons, "Armaan, Mom truly loves me and she won't be able to watch her only son, sitting in a wheelchair for the rest of her life."

Armaan threatens in response, "Rihan, if you wasted one more minute in arguing with me, then I will appoint you as Kavya's driver. Do you want me to do that?"

Rihan's eyes widen in horror and he screams, "NO!"

Armaan responds, "Good. Now get inside and complete the work."

Before Rihan could react, Armaan disconnects the call and Rihan whimpers, while cursing under his breath.

Rihan murmurs, "I will never forgive Armaan, if I die today."

He composes himself and makes his way towards Vikas's office, unwillingly.

Medical Room

Kavya and Ruhi were making arrangements for the annual medical check-up for the senior citizens today.

During the work, Kavya shared with Ruhi, regarding Armaan and Ranveer's phone conversation, which was informed to her by Myra yesterday.

Ruhi voices her doubt, "Why would he talk to your father now? He has ended everything between the two of you."

Kavya answers with a sigh, "Only that arrogant knows what is running in his mind. He is a difficult nut to crack, plus Papa's humour is no help."