Chapter Eleven

Next Morning

Penthouse, RGC Office, Mumbai

At 8 am, Rihan paces in the balcony of the bedroom, taking a glimpse of the sleeping Armaan through the glass window on a regular interval.

He failed to catch a nap last night. His mind stays clouded with Kavya's confession of love and Armaan's confession that he doesn't care for her.

He murmurs, "One, Armaan is angry at his father. Two, Armaan hates his father for threatening him to marry Kavya. Three, Armaan doesn't care for her. And now four, KAVYA LOVES ARMAAN. This is so messed up."

Rihan faces the sky and mentally processes the situation to find a solution. He knew Armaan didn't hear Kavya's confession last night.

Plus, he is positive, Kavya was drunk as well because she confessed her love and disconnected the call.

Though it gave none relief to him as this creates fear in his senses because if Kavya ever confessed her love to Armaan, then she will learn, he has no emotions towards her. It will worsen the situation and kill the chance of acceptance of this relationship by Armaan.

Kavya will be heartbroken and Armaan will not be entirely at fault because he is blackmailed to impress and marry her.

Rihan's concern has shifted from Armaan to Kavya now, as the marriage was nearing and he can notice, her expectations building.

Rihan is well aware Armaan isn't ready for accepting Kavya in his life nor this marriage. He even knew, Armaan will not try to change his opinion now, as his sole focus will be on RGC, whose reputation is affected after two project loss.

Rihan can predict the future and was hoping to change it, otherwise Kavya will be the only person who will be hurt the most.

His chain of thoughts gets an abrupt halt when he hears a ringtone. He turns around and notices Armaan waking up due to his phone ringing.

Rihan enters the bedroom and rushes to grab the phone before Armaan wakes up. Though Armaan takes the mobile first and answers the call with his eyes still shut.

Armaan's eyebrow furrows and suddenly his eyes open, then he sits up straight.

He barks on the phone, "What do you mean by 6 employees have given their resignations?"

Rihan's eyes widen at the shocking news and Armaan pushes the duvet away to stand.

Armaan yells at the caller, "Fine, if they think their career will be ruined by working in RGC, they can leave. Approve their resignations, clear their dues and throw them out."

Rihan rubs his face in frustration, realising the situation is turning even worse than it seemed yesterday.

Armaan barks on the phone, "I don't give a damn for anyone. I am capable enough to work alone."

This grabs Rihan's attention, and he watches an angry Armaan, throwing his phone on the bed in frustration.

Armaan moves towards the washroom, only to stop when his eyes land on Rihan and he demands, "Even you want to give a resignation?"

Before Rihan can react, Armaan assures, "Don't worry, I won't take back the penthouse that was a personal gift, it has no connection with your job."

Behind the anger, Rihan senses the panic and fear in Armaan's eyes, which makes him push away his previous thoughts for Kavya.

He walks closer and instructs, "Take a hot shower and burn away those negative thoughts. Come down to the office, I will keep black coffee ready at your desk. Then we will together, deal with the issues."