Chapter Fifty Six

Same Day

Kavya's Car

After dropping Ruhi at her apartment building, Max drives towards Armaan's Mansion with Kavya sitting behind.

He faces her through the rear view mirror and comments, "Since yesterday, Ruhi seems so happy."

She chuckles and states after a nod, "The new furniture has made her crazy, you won't believe, she was dancing till 2 am last night."

Max laughs and Kavya thinks with a smile, 'Thank goodness I had excess money to help the shortfall or else she would have been upset.'

Suddenly Kavya frowns and grabs her phone from her handbag to open the calculator app. She starts calculating the amount of fees they earned from DID and reduces Ruhi's 50% share with the amount contributed for advance training equipment then adds her NGO salary.

Then she reduces two months' rent she paid to Armaan with an approximate amount of other expenses such as food, medical and travelling. Finally reducing the secret contribution in Ruhi's new furniture, she arrives to the balance amount.

She thinks, 'Oh God! I am left with so less money. I will have hardly anything left after keeping next month's rent aside. Plus this month's basic course have only 15 students compared to 21 of last month. There is no further call for admissions, if we didn't get new admissions by this week, then how will I manage this month?'

Kavya frowns as another thought enters her mind and she thinks, 'From Saturday dinner onwards, I am not paying for meals, Armaan has always kept me occupied. Was he doing it on purpose?'

She recalls, how Armaan is bringing breakfast in her room since two days and before dinner, he starts an interesting conversation, which keeps her busy till they eat dinner.

She thinks again, 'But it can be his efforts to know each other and care as I get tired after DID. If he wanted me to stop paying, he could have discussed instead of distracting me.'

Kavya remains confused, unable to decide what to do ahead.

Armaan's Mansion

Kavya enters the Mansion, drown in her thoughts and walks inattentively towards the staircase.

However, she collides with someone and drops her handbag in the process.

She murmurs, "Ouch."

Then she hears a familiar voice, taunting her, "Watch out where you are walking, Mrs. Raichand."

Kavya lifts her gaze to face her smiling husband, who is dressed in a white t-shirt with black jeans and black leather watch, gifted by her.

She fails to stop her smile, recalling last two times when they collided with each other and spoke the same sentence.

Kavya teases, "Well the same implies to you as well, Mr. Raichand."

Armaan chuckles, while bending to pick​ her handbag from the floor and asks after returning it, "How was your day?"

Kavya lowers her gaze, debating whether to share her thoughts or not, when she feels his index finger and thumb, gripping her chin.

He lifts her face and asks with concern, "What happened? You seem tensed."

She forces a smile and denies with a lie after releasing her chin from his grip, "No, just tired with work."

She thinks, 'Unless I figure out, what to do, I won't tell him because it might hurt him.'

While Armaan informs with a smile, "In that case, you will be delighted to know, you have a carrying husband."