40# He's back..

Chapter 40
Amber

I took one last glance at the mirror. I was dressed in a dark blue dress that contrasted with my golden curles which made me look a bit decent. I quickly ran to open the door for Daniel.

"Hey!" He smiled giving me a light peck.

"Let's go?" I smiled grabbing my purse.

"Sure." He smiled as I linked our arms together closing my door, and walking towards the elevators.

"Can't wait to take you out of here." He spoke up once the elevator doors closed.

"Yeah, me too. Can't wait to be alone with you." I smiled, and he grinned with his eyes shining.

"Did I tell you that you look very pretty, tonight?" He asked, and I shook my head trying to hide my smile but failing.

"Well, you're so pretty tonight." He whispered leaning closer that our faces are inches apart.

"Tha-" I was cut off by the doors openning, and Daniel's groan as he held my hand intertwining our fingers together, and pulling me outside with him.

"Where are we going?" I smiled as we got in the car.

"Same place." He shrugged with a small smile. I just nodded leaning back, and closing my eyes.

"You're okay?" He asked squeezing my knee slightly.

"Yeah, the sickness just returned."

"Should I stop anywhere?" He asked with concern.

"No, I'll be alright. Just drive slowly." I smiled as he nodded slowing down.

After few minutes, I began to feel better.

"I still can't understand something.." I started.

"What is it?"

"I mean, you got really mad at Alan in the morning, and now.. look what are we doing. I mean if you could trust him, why did you react that way from the beginning?"

"I don't trust him with Delilah, but I have no choice. Delilah was going to hurt herself, so I had no choice. He promised me to take care of her, so he better do that." His jaw clenched slightly.

"Why don't you trust him? I still can't understand anything." I complained, and he stopped on the side of the road, and turned his attention to me.

"Alan," He paused taking a deep breath, "is not as cute as he seems to be, Amber. He's my friend, and my brother, but he hurted girls, and broke their hearts. I don't want my sister to be one of these girls."

"How would he do that?" I whispered still shocked by this accusation. I just can't picture Alan as this type of men.

"He'd tell her that he loves her, and she'd fall for his trap... He'd take what he wants then would move to the next victim. Yeah, he was younger than that, and not mature enough, but I can't stop worrying.."

"Yeah, but the Alan I met is very mature, Daniel. I mean, maybe he changed?"

"I hope so.." Daniel sighed starting the car once again.

"You're feeling better?" He asked after few moments of silence, and I just nodded with smile.

---------------

When we reached there, Delilah and Alan were already waiting for us.

"Where were you?" Delilah frowned.