A Date With Damon. Part One. Ch. 38

Phoenix's Pov:

I woke up to an empty bed. It was depressing. I wrapped the blanket around me and went to the kitchen. I hope that Damon was there. It would be horrible if he ditched me.

I found him cooking pancakes humming quietly to himself.

"Damon...?"

He jumped and spun around.

"I woke up and you gone, so I thought that you went to get some food." I explained.

He nodded. "Well its 1:00."

"Holy crap! You let me sleep that late! You should have woken me up!" I blurted. Maybe he he wanted some alone time. The thought made me frown.

"I'm sorry hun, I just woke up half an hour ago. I took a shower and then I wanted to make you breakfast in bed." Damon told me.

"AWW! Your so nice! I'm sorry I ruined it!" I said, feeling bad. I thought he ditched me, but he was making me breakfast!

"Anything for you dear!" He was smirking.

I rolled my eyes and fake glared at him.It didn't turn out to well, I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

"Sooo what are we doing today?" I asked stretching out the 'o' in so. 

"Well I thought that we could spend the day on the beach and then go to dinner. They have this restaurant in town only 10 minutes away." Damon said almost shyly. 

"Aw! Who know that you could be romantic!" I said in a baby voice. If it were anyone else they would probably be dead or coming close. But I was Damon's soft spot and he knew it.

Damon finished cooking. I watched him, not in the creepy way but I just gazed. AH! That is pretty creepy huh? Oh god I swear if I turn into Edweirdo (a.k.a my stupid father!) and start watching people while they sleep I might just commit suicide. 

I blinked and noticed that Damon was literally a centimeter away from my face.

"Sir?!"

"Sorry. I was calling your name but you weren't answering." Damon explained with a light blush on his face.

"Sorry I was caught up in my thoughts..." I told him.

"Moving on. Brunch is ready." Damon said as he put down to plates with pancakes that had whip cream.

We ate our food in comfortable silence. Once we finished I took a quick shower. It's kinda stupid to take a shower before you go to the beach but whatever. 

I decided to get dressed in a plain strapless white bikini, grey sweatpants material shorts, a navy blue tank top that says 'be your own anchor', and hello kitty flip flops.

(click they external link to see outfit!)

Damon was in black swim trunks and a white t-shirt. We walked hand in hand to the beach.

"Damie?"

"Yes."

"Is there going to be a lot of people there?"

"Yeah probably Rio. From what I hear even though its in the middle of the woods it still get a lot of people. Not a whole lot but a lot."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I see. I think."

Damon laughed at me. I pulled my hand out of his, and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Meanie." I pouted.

By the time we reached the beach we were holding hands again and were laughing at how clumsy I was. I tripped over a branch...

I stripped my clothes. Damon wolf-whistled as I did. I blushed. I laid on the sandy ground soaking up the sun.

Suddenly Damon flung my over his shoulders, like I was a sack of potatoes,  and started carrying me towards the water.

"Damon please no! Please!" I begged while laughing. I was pounding on his back.

"Damon! Put me down or else!" It was an empty threat, he knew that I couldn't do anything to him.

"Or else what?" He taunted. Then he threw me in the water. I was completely soaked.

"Damon Salvatore! You did not just do that!" I shouted at him laughing. Ah! I hate myself for laughing. Instead of sounding serious like I wanted I sounded girly.

"But I did dear and I'm going to do it again!" He came sprinting, at human speed of course, after me. I ran deeper in the water until I couldn't touch.

I climbed on to Damon's back. We walked a little closer to the shore. I could touch but I stayed on Damon's back.

"Thank you." I whispered in his ear.

"For what?" He asked.

"For taking me away, from the drama back home. For giving me a break. I really needed one. So thank you." I told him.

"Anything for my princess." He said.

I grinned at him, "Stop calling me pet names. I have a name you know."

He grinned back, "So.." He said daringly.

"Please Damon." I said giving him puppy dog eyes.

He sighed, "Fine."

"Yay!" I smiled and peaked his lips. As I pulled away I splashed him in the face. And that's how the great splash war began....