Relaxing Day...Hopefully. Ch. 37

Phoenix's Pov:

Now that whole ordeal with my 'family' was over, and the Volturi hopefully weren't going to make any random unscheduled appearances. So maybe I will finally have one day to relax.

I walked down stairs. Damon was in the kitchen and Stefan was no where in sight. Probably at Elena's. I really hope their is a wedding soon! Ah! That would be like the wedding of the century! They are just meant to be! I swear I would plan that wedding! Of course with the help of Car and Bonnie! OH! And Eli!

"Are you okay?" Damon asked me suddenly a foot in front of me. 

I jumped I was so caught up in my thoughts that I forgot about Damon. 

"Rio did I scare you?" Damon asked smirking

"Of course not Damie dearest!' I replied smirking, or at least trying, to smirk like him. 

"Don't hurt your self kid." He said trying not to laugh. Probably trying not to laugh at my face.

"I'm not a kid!" I glared at him.

"Are you sure about that kiddo?" He asked again taking a step closer.

"Defiantly." I breathed, taking a step closer as well. 

"Well that's good." Damon said, yet again taking a step. He was right in front of me. I could smell his breath. MINTY!!

"Why?" I asked. By now I was touching his chest.

He leaned his head in, "Because if you were a kid I wouldn't be able to do this."

Before I could say anything else his lips were on mine.

I was on cloud nine. I kissed back and we just were kissing in the middle of the kitchen. I barley noticed the sound of Stefan's car. Barely.

I pulled away.

"I hear Stefan's car." I explained quickly, not wanting him to think that I didn't like the kiss because believe me I did.

Damon smiled at me. It was breath taking.

"You should smile more." I told him.

"Why?"

"Because I like your smile." I told him grinning.

"We are going to go out." Damon told me.

"Okay?!" I said but it came out sounding like a question. What does he mean does he mean go out as in be boyfriend and girlfriend or go out as in hang out. Or maybe he meant go out as in a date. Oh gosh if we were going out as in a date that would mean that he likes me back. Yay! Well he did just kiss me. Oh lord I need some help.

I'm a little slow, if you haven't noticed.

"I mean that we are going to go on date. What did you think I meant?" Damon asked smirking.

"Um I didn't think that you meant anything else but that." I lied. Damon knowing that I'm lying chuckled. I glared at him. He chuckled harder.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise! But you have to bring a bathing suit. And you might want to pack some clothes. We are going on a trip kinda." Damon responded.

I nodded. "How many days should I pack for?"

"One day and one night, and don't forget the bathing suit."

I nodded again and walked up to my room excited about our trip.

I packed everything in a suitcase. It only took me 15 minutes to. I hoped it was hot were we were going because I packed shorts and stuff like that.

"I'm ready." I called.

"Okay darling! I told Saint Stefan where we are going and that we are going to be back tomorrow."

"Okay. Can you please tel me where we are going." I begged with puppy dog eyes.

"No! That would ruin the surprise!" He told me.

I glared at hi and stomped dramatically out to his car.

"Really Rio. That's how you are going to act. I could just cancel the trip, or better yet take someone else." Damon taunted.

"I'm sorry Dammy!" I said.

He smiled at me and turned on the radio. Surprisingly it was 'Somewhere Only We Know' By Keane. I sang along.

"I came across a fallen tree. I felt the branches of it looking at me. Is this the place we used to love? Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?" I sang my favorite part.

After a while of listening to the radio and trying to get Damon to tell me where we are going I fell asleep.

"Wake me up when we get there."  I mumbled sleepily.

"Of course Rio." He whispered and kissed my forehead.

When I woke it up it was dark. Damon was still driving. He looked wide awake.

"Damie are we there yet." I asked in a small voice while stretching.

"Almost, sweetheart." He responded.

"Are you tired? I can drive if you give me directions. Or..." I trailed off.

"It's fine, sweetheart, I'm fine."

"Okay." I yawned.

"Go back to sleep baby. I will wake you up. I promise."

"Pinky promise?" I held out my pinky. He wrapped his pinky around mine.

"Promise." He kissed my forehead and I fell asleep again.

This time when I woke up it was because Damon was shaking me gently.

"Whaaa...?" I slurred half-awake.

"Rio we are here." Damon said.

I looked around. It was just about dawn.

"Where is here?" I asked. I looked around and I saw a tree's and a large cabin. Hmm...I wonder. I hope he didn't take me out here to murder me or something! o.O

"Rio welcome to.....the middle of no where?" Damon announced. 

I looked at him quizzically. "What do you mean 'the middle of no where'?"

"I mean that we are at a cabin in the middle of the woods with a lake right behind it. I found it a long time ago." Damon explained.

"So you took me to a cabin in the middle of no where. Are you going to murder me?!" I asked jokingly.

"Yes Rio, I took you all the way out here just so I could kill you." Damon answered sarcastically.

I pouted.

"Sorry Rio. I didn't mean it!" Damon said.

"It's okay! I was kidding!" I told him.

"I'm beat! Do you want to go to sleep?" Damon asked.

Suddenly feeling really tired and sluggish I nodded.

He picked me up bridal style and lead my through the cabin to the master bedroom. He gently laid me down on the huge king size bed.

"Good night darling sleep well." Damon said kissing my cheek.

"What not a kiss on the forehead?" I asked in a joking tone.

"Shut it." Damon said.

"Sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite." I said before drifting off.

A/N: 2 updates in 2 day! Im pretty proud of myself! well i hope you liked it! comment, vote, and if you really love me fan!! remember never touch a button they are evil and scary! and they will eat you! 

Love, 

hopeforyouandme a.k.a me!!!