Family Sucks...Most Of The Time. Ch. 35

Phoenix's PoV:

I have never felt more mad in my entire life. It was just pure rage. Not even when I got kidnapped by Klaus. Never ever been this mad. I was seeing red.

"Why are they here?" I spoke threw clenched teeth. Oh god this cannot be happening.

"I invited them!" Caroline said.

"Why?!" I nearly yelled.

"Because Nessie told me that it would be a good idea. They miss you." Caroline explained quietly. I guess Nessie finally told them about Wyatt.

I took a deep breath, "Let them tell me that." I glared at my 'so called family.'

"We have missed you Phoenix." Edward said. I glared harder.

"Lying is a sin. I hope you all burn in Hell." I may sound harsh but it's kind of how I feel.

Edward flinched, as though I had hit him. Oh! How I wish I could! What a grand day that would be.

It was silent for a long time. Finally I just sighed.

"I want to enjoy this party instead of just standing here in awkward silence."

Everyone nodded. Care put on some music. It was 'Just A Kiss' By Lady Antebellum.

We had fun. I almost forgot about my family. Almost.

Almost. I hate the word. The real meaning of the word is very nearly. I really do wish that I could forgot about my family. But all this good have to end.

I drove back with Damon. The silence was comfortable. Unlike with my family. The radio was playing 'Drive By' by Train. I smiled. I love this song. I sang along quietly.

"So. What are you going to do with your family?" Asked Damon.

"Ah heck. I have no idea. Just the sight of them at the party made me want to hurt someone. I'm going to try and talk to them but if that doesn't work I don't know what I will do..." I trailed off.

"I got your back Rio." Damon smirked.

I looked at him. God was he hot. I took a deep breath trying to push the thoughts of Damon out of my head.

We finally reached the boarding house. I could smell my family from a mile away. Gross.

God! I'm such a bitch. It's my family! They bring out the bitch within me!

I walked in the house with Damon rubbing my shoulder's whispering 'it'll be okay.'

One can only hope!

As soon as I came in Stefan, Elena, Bonnie, and Caroline left the house. Damon hesitated for a couple seconds then left. 

"We are going to be at Elena's. Come over when your done..." Stefan told me.

I smiled at him, "Thanks I will."

Then the door shut leaving me along with my family. Ah well this should be fun! 

"So...what do you want?" I asked them.

Carlisle opened her mouth but then closed it again.

This  time Edward started to talk, "We want you to come back with us."

I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean come back with you?"

"What I mean is, that I-well the whole family, want's you back home. You do miss you Phoenix." Edward explained.

I rolled my eyes, "As if."

"We really do want you home!" Edward said.

"Well I think-no I know that you are a liar." I told him.

"How do you know?" He asked.

"Well didn't you guys tell me that the Volturi were after me?! I never say the Volturi." I nearly screamed.

Then just as I finished the sentence the Volturi barged in. Fml.