Journal

Prompt: Person A finds a very disturbing scary book shoved down the side of person B's bed. They feel sick when reading it. It's so vivid and real. Person B walks in on person A reading it and tries to grab it from them.When person A asks what it is Person B whispers that it's what they dream of at night. Mortified Person A Hugs them and curls around them protectively  

Warning: dark themes, mentions of blood, gore, murder, and suicide

...on another note, enjoy! ^-^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben's small bedroom in his small apartment somehow felt cramped despite only having a bed, bedside table, and small dresser in it. A quick glance around the room was all that you needed to see that there was nothing to do in it.

So, Ian,  who had been left in the small room while the Danish boy went to the bathroom, just boredly stared up at the ceiling and let his right hand fall between the bed and the wall. His attention was caught, however, as his fingertips brushed against something hard wedged in the gap. A couple attempts later, he manged to pull the mysterious object out.

A puzzled look crossed his face as he looked at the book, now, in his hands - it had a plain black cover with no markings to tell what was inside. Being the curious bookworm he was, Ian opened it and began reading. Each new entry, or chapters he figured they must be, only got worse; the first few went from being followed by a mysterious person to being kidnapped to being tortured and, still, only got more disturbing from there.

The torture became more and more graphic and disturbing. Going from simple punches and cuts to full out dissection of a living person tied down to a metal table. 

Many forms of murder were later described in excruciating detail. Everything from the specific type of weapon and number of wounds inflicted to the amount of blood and pain caused by them were there in detailed descriptions.

The worst, however, had to be all of the chapters of suicide as the person in the book became more and more desperate to not be caught by the 'monster'. The sheer amount of detail in the ways that the man would throw himself out of a tree only to be caught by the rope around his neck or the way he would hastily slit his wrists and watch as his blood sprayed out onto the surrounding area or the panic as he jumped from unbelievable heights without a second thought or the desperation as he stabbed himself over and over in the chest hoping that he would hit his heart or lungs.

Ian felt nauseous as he finished the book. He was horrified at its contents but, there was something worse than even that. The the most disturbing part of the book was, by far, the handwriting. The childish and messy yet, still legible writing proved that it had been none other than Ben who had wrote this horrific story of fear, torture, blood, gore, and death.

It made Ian feel sick to know that his precious little lover had created this monstrosity. Happy, innocent little Benny had come up with and written all of this out.

Ian was snapped out of his thoughts by the door creaking open. He looked up to see Ben standing in the doorway.

"I'm ba-" Ben cut himself off as he saw the book in Ian's hands. His smile and cheer instantly vanished. Before Ian knew what was happening, Ben ran over and snatched the book away from him. Holding the object close to his chest, Ben managed to speak, "Where... did you find this?" The Danish boy seemed almost afraid to ask the question.

Ian gave him a strange look before pointing to the wall by Ben's bed. A horrified look crossed the younger's face for a second before he hid it and spoke, "Did you... read... it?"

"Maybe...?" Ian was starting to feel cautious of his boyfriend's strange behavior. A moment of silence later, Ian asked the question echoing in his mind. "Ben? Ben, what is this?"

"It's a... book." The smaller boy looked away, not wanting to meet Ian's gaze.

"I know that, Ben! But what kind of book is this?! You don't seem like the type of person that could come up with this kind of horrifying stuff."

Ben's next words shocked Ian, "Then, I guess it's a good thing that I don't have to make it up."

"Then how did you-" Ian was cut off by the words he least expected.

"They're..." Ben took a deep breath, trying to calm himself, "They're... my dreams."

"Your... dreams?"

"Yeah..." Ben practically squeaked out the response.

"This is... This is the type of stuff you dream about...?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Oh my God... Ben..." Ian couldn't hold himself back any longer. He sprang up from Ben's bed and wrapped his arms around said boy. "I'm so sorry Baby. You shouldn't have to suffer these kinds of dreams - no, these nightmares. You don't deserve this. You deserve happy, love filled dreams, not... not this."

Ben smiled into Ian's chest seeing just how much his boyfriend cared about him but, it wasn't a happy scene for long. Shortly after he hugged Ian back, all the pent up feelings from his dreams rushed out in loud sobs. Ben's usual happy, carefree self was completely gone at this point. He was just a hopeless, scared mess.

Ian gave a sad smile, knowing that all of tears now covering his shirt were from something that must of been happening for months, if not years. He tightened his embrace for a moment before moving one arm to Ben's back and rubbing soothing circles onto it. Before they knew it, an hour had passed and Ben was finally starting to calm down.

Now sitting on the bed, Ian let go of his lover and wiped away his tears. Ben sniffled and smiled up at Ian before leaning his head against Ian's shoulder. The older wrapped an arm around the other and let a moment of peace pass before speaking. "When... When was the last time you had a happy dream, Benny-Boo?"

Ben smiled, that was his favorite pet name to be called, and thought for a moment before giving his answer, "That time that we slept together. You know, when we hung out at your place and fell asleep on the couch."

"Oh," that had been weeks ago. Another question popped into Ian's head, "What about before that?"

"Umm," Ben was silenght for a moment, "I... don't know."

"What?" Happy dreams couldn't of been that rare for Ben, could they?

"I... I've had these dreams for... for a long time."

"And the last time you had a nice dream was when you slept with me?"

"Y-yeah."

"Then," Ian paused considering a solution, "why don't you live with me."

"Huh?"

"We could sleep together every night and you would never have to dream of this again."

"But-"

"But, what?" Ian smiled, " We've been dating for almost a year and have know each other for even longer. I think it would be nice to live together. Besides, aren't you always complaining about this place? How small and cramped it is?"

"I..." Ben trailed off.

"So? What do you say, Baby?"

"A-are you sure?" Conflicted green eyes met confident blue ones.

"Of course I'm sure." Ian pressed a kiss to Ben's forehead and, when he pulled away, saw the smile he so dearly loved spread across his face.

"Then... I guess you have a new roommate."

"Great." Ian gave Ben a small side hug before lifting up his chin and pressing a light kiss to his lips. He smirked at his boyfriend before speaking again, "So, when do you want to start packing?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1227 words! This one got kind long but, oh well :P

Requests always open!

~Angel ^-^