Christmas in America

Wooo! Something cute and not angsty for once! :P

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

Enjoy! ^-^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey... Ian?" Ben's nervousness showed as he spoke to get the attention of the person on the other side of the voice chat.

"Yeah, dude?" A casual response from Ian, just as usual.

"I uh..." Ben trailed off, nerves preventing him from speaking. He knew it was stupid that he was so scared to ask Ian something. After all, they had been the best of friends for the entirety of the five years they'd known each other. Though, there was something about the timing that made Ben extra scared to ask.

"Crainer?" Ian's slightly concerned tone showed that Ben had paused for too long.

"Huh? Oh, I- It's just-," Ben sighed in hopes of being able to find the right words after, "C-Christmas is coming up s-soon and I was wondering if... maybe... you would... ya know... uh...," he sighed again, "If you be okay with me coming to America and spending it with you." The last part had been rushed out and Ben wasn't sure if Ian could even understand what he had said.

"Wha- Are you serious?" Ian sounded surprised at the suggestion.

"Yeah." The nervousness was still evident in the younger's voice.

"Then of course! I'd... I'd love to meet you for real."

"Great!" Ben couldn't help but to let the relief show in his voice.

"So, when were you planning to get here?"

"Umm, I didn't actually get that far..." An embarrassed giggle followed the words.

"Well, when is the next flight to America?"

"Next flight?"

"Yeah, I was thinking that you could get here a few days before and stay for a couple weeks or whatever."

"That's... not a bad idea," Ben opened a new tab on his computer, "Let me check real quick."

A little while later, Ben had purchased a ticket for a flight that would leave to America in a week and a ticket back to Denmark that would leave towards the middle of January.

"Aaaand done! We'll officially meet each other in a week!"

Ian chuckled at the excitement in the younger's voice, "Can't wait."

"Me either! We've known each other for years and we finally get to meet!"

"I guess it is kinda weird when you think of it. We talk to each other almost every day and are so close but, we've never even seen each other in person."

"Exactly why I'm so excited!"

The two chatted on for a while longer before ending the call and going on with the rest of their day. For Ben, it was only a couple more hours before he went to bed but, he couldn't keep the smile off of his face.

The next week passed very slowly for the Danish boy as he got more and more excited for his trip. Though, the day before he left, he suddenly felt another emotion. It was like all of his excitement had changed into nervousness and doubled in intensity.

It wasn't hard for him to figure out the cause of the sudden change. It was pretty obvious to him as he was packing that he was scared that he would do or say something wrong in front of Ian. He was scared that he would slip up and accidentally reveal his little crush on the other man. Ben didn't know when it started but, he knew that he definitely loved Ian as more than just a friend. And, if anything, all of the times Ian teased or made fun of him just made him fall harder.