The Storm

Request by Tatiyona1228

Prompt: MermanBen!AU where Ian finds Ben swimming in the ocean. There's a storm and Ian falls overboard on a ship and Ben saves him.

Okay, I know I said it would be a while before this was posted, but it seemed too fun to wait :P

Edit: I don't know why this happens, but sometimes the tags don't save when I publish things so I have to try a few times until it works :/ Sorry for any spam~

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian rested his folded arms on the railing of his boat as he leaned forwards and let out a content sigh. It was always a peaceful time for him to just observe the serene ocean and let all his troubles fade away. Though, as he watched a point in the distance, he couldn't help but to furrow his brow at what he saw.

Just far enough away for it to be unclear, the figure of what seemed to be a person swimming in the middle of the ocean popped out at him. There were no other boats around and swimming this far from shore would of been nearly impossible.

Curiosity piqued, Ian steered his boat in the direction of the figure and waited until he was close enough to get a good look. He almost didn't believe what he saw.

A young man with pale skin and light brown hair stared up at him with curious, bright green eyes. Though, looking closer Ian noticed shining purple and green scales scattered over his arms and a matching fish tail where his legs should of been.

It took a moment for the sight to match to a word. Merman.

Ian hesitated for a moment before smiling and speaking up, "H-Hi."

A shy, almost scared smile and a small wave responded back.

"I'm... Ian. I won't hurt you." He tried to gain the other being's trust and smiled as the merman seemed to relax a bit. "Do you... have a name?"

A small nod was the simple response.

"Well, What is it?" Ian spoke as kindly as he could.

There was silence for a moment more before the other finally spoke, "B-Benjamin."

"H'mm, that's a nice name."

The merman smiled at the compliment and Ian smiled back before letting out a sigh at how cute the other looked. Though, he quickly cleared his throat and shook his head before asking Ben more questions.

The two found themselves lost in conversation as they learned more and more about one another and their cultures. However, as the breeze that had been gently blowing past them grew stronger and rain started to fall, Ian knew he'd have to prepare for a sudden storm and quickly said his goodbyes before getting to work.

Though, as time went on, the storm only got more and more violent and nothing Ian did seemed to be helping. His boat rocked hard enough that he had to hold onto something to keep from falling and the rain fell so hard that it hurt.

He didn't know if he or his boat would make it if this storm didn't let up soon. And, as a particularly hard gust of wind hit, Ian lost his grip on what he was steadying himself with. He stumbled around for bit, trying to regain his balance, before hitting the railing of his boat and let out a short scream as he flipped over it.

He struggled to stay above water as the violent waves tried to pull him under and fought as long as he could before the water filling his lungs caused him to black out.

Ian groaned and coughed as he woke up. He turned his head to the side to spit out the water that now filled his mouth and coughed  up more as his instincts took over. He felt sand under him and waves lightly lapping at his legs. Curious as to where he was, Ian cracked his eyes open and was met by the sight of  the merman's face looking down at his own. He felt hands on his chest giving him CPR and gently moved them away to sit up. He coughed up more water and breathed heavily, trying to catch his breath.

Once his breathing started to even out, he let out a groan at how badly his chest hurt and laid back down. Turning towards the other, he smiled.

"Thanks... Ben..."

"No problem." The merman paused, "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. Just let me... catch my breath and... wait for the pain to... go away." Ian said the words between pants.

"But you'll be okay?" Concern was obvious in the other's voice.

Ian smiled, "Yeah. I'll be... fine."

"Okay," Ben laid against the other's chest, getting a groan in response and moving to lay by his side, instead.

Ian wrapped an arm around the other, smirking as he realized how much smaller we was than himself, before speaking again, "Thanks again for saving me."

Ben made a small sound in response as he nuzzled his face against the other's arm. A peaceful moment passed like that before he let out a whine as Ian sat up and lightly blushed as he felt a kiss press against his cheek. Though, before he could question it, Ian was speaking, "I love you."

"Huh?" His face went bright red.

"I... know we just met and all but...," Ian blushed a bit, "You're really cute and you just saved my life and-"

Ian was cut off as a pair of lips pressed a quick kiss against his own. He smiled at the embarrassed face that stared back at him and couldn't resist starting another, deeper and more passionate, kiss.

Ben's face was bright red by time they pulled away and Ian couldn't keep from letting out a small laugh. "I'm guessing that you love me too?"

The merman's face went redder, "Y-yeah..."

"Good." Ian gave a half smile half smirk to the other before leaning down and kissing him again. He never expected to find love like this, but he didn't quite mind it either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

930 words! Gonna be honest, this probably isn't my best work, but it was fun to write and I think it still turned out pretty good.

Hope you enjoyed!

Requests always open!!

~Angel ^-^