The Party

Prompt (Sorry it's so long >.<): Imagine your OTP are at a party/event of some sort with lots of people. Person A is called some form of slur by someone and is very upset by this. Person B was in earshot when the thing was said and is furious that anybody would say anything bad about A, and how dare they make them cry, loudly arguing back with the person by going into great detail about how perfect A is and everything they love about them. By the time B runs out of breath and takes in another one to say more (because they haven't said anywhere near as much as they could about the great wonders that make A the best thing to be put in their universe or any other) they realize that the room has gone silent, everyone is staring at them. A themselves has forgotten their tears and is staring at them in shock. B is not in a relationship with A, the offending person is.

Warning: slurs, language, abusive relationship

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Butt slaps, groping, emotionless kisses. Ian watched the man do all that and more to Ben. Since he met him, Ian only seemed to hate the man more and more with each action he saw him do to the smaller. His anger grew and grew and, as he watched the man force Ben to kiss him again, he balled his hands into fists.

It was all his fault. He was the one who stole Ben. He was the one who made the smaller think that he had to do anything for that man just because he "loved" him. Ian scoffed at the thought. Love. That man clearly saw Ben as no more than his naive little boy toy who he could get to do anything with a simple 'if you love me you'll do it'.

He had made Ben move in with him so that he could play with him whenever he pleased.

He had made Ben stop spending nearly as much time with his friends.

He had made Ben into his personal servant for all purposes.

He had slowly taken all the joy out of Ben's life without him even noticing it.

He had made Ben stop smiling.

He had made Ben stop laughing.

He had made Ben stop feeling emotions other than fear.

He had made Ben think that slaps and punches were a show of love.

He had made Ben think that he belonged to him.

He made Ben think that he had no other choice but to do what he told him.

He made Ben into a completely different person and Ian wanted nothing more than to have his old friend back.

The one who always smiled and giggled.

The one who was over emotional.

The one who was just so full of joy and life.

The only thing that didn't change was that Ian still loved him. He loved Ben and wished more than anything he would of spoke up and made Ben face the reality of how, even in the first few days of knowing the other man, he had already started using and abusing him.

"Come on fag, lets go."

As soon as Ian heard the word escape the other man's lips, something snapped inside him and he grabbed Ben's arm to yank him back. Keeping the smaller slightly behind him, Ian spoke. "How dare you call such an amazing, talented, beautiful person such a horrible word. He deserves only the best and even that isn't enough for how perfect he is. You should be ashamed for even thinking something like that about him." Ian took a breath to continue and realized something was very different. The loud room was suddenly very quite and a quick look around showed that every one was looking at him.

Looking behind him, Ian saw that Ben seemed to be in a state of shock. He only stared wide eyed and jaw dropped.

Looking back in front of him, the other man was in a similar state but with a blink the shock changed to anger.

"Heh. What are you going to do about it? He's mine. I can call the bitch whatever the fuck I want." The man stepped towards Ben and Ian stepped in front of him. "Get out of my way." The man practically growled the words.

"No." Ian's voice showed defiance.

"Huh? No? What do you mean no?"

"I mean I'm not letting you touch him anymore."

"Heh. Too late for that buddy." He gave Ben a certain glare and the smaller hesitantly stepped towards him.

Though, just as before, Ian stepped between them and grabbed Ben's arm. The smaller flinched and Ian slightly loosened his grip before turning so that they faced each other. He grabbed Ben's other arm spoke in a serious tone, "You don't have to do what he says."

"But I h-have to..." His voice showed fear and nervousness - what had become his normal tone.

"No, you don't. You're your own person, you can made decisions yourself. So... I want you to decide now. Who do you want? Me? Him? Or... or even nobody at all?"

"I..." Ben trailed off as he looked past Ian and at the decorated room. Despite the large amount of alcohol and people he was more scared of than comfortable to be around, the party had been for the engagement. For Ben and his oh, so manipulative boyfriend.

The monster of a man that Ian still couldn't believe had gotten Ben to say yes after just four months of dating. He knew the marriage wasn't for any sort of loving purpose. He knew that the ring was only a symbol of Ben belonging to the other. He knew it was just another chain tying Ben to the man.

Ian's question still ringing in his head, Ben looked back at his boyfriend, hoping for him to answer for him. The man just grinned and nodded.

Ben looked back at Ian and at the decorations again. He looked back and forth between Ian and his boyfriend before lingering on the later. He looked down and sighed. Ben played with the ring on his finger and held his hand against his heart. He looked up at Ian and grabbed the collar of his shirt with shaking hands. He glanced back at his boyfriend and slightly bit his lip before pulling Ian down into a kiss.

Shocked gasps and screams came from the crowd as the two kissed. It lasted much longer than a show of Ben's choice. No, it was long and passionate and showed just how badly they both had wanted it. They broke away from each other panting and breathing hard and Ben gave the first real smile Ian had seen from him since he met the other man.

"Do you... mean what you said earlier?" Ben's voice showed hope.

"Of course." Ian smiled and pressed a quick kiss to the shorter's lips.

Ben let out a small giggle and Ian's smile widened. It had been months since he heard the other laugh.

Ian placed his hands over Ben's and started to lace their fingers together. Though, he stopped when he felt the metal band on Ben's hand.

Noticing why Ian stopped, Ben slipped his hands out from under Ian's and took off the ring. He looked over the plain silver band before letting it drop to the floor.

"I... I ch-choose Ian." He looked up as he said the other's name.

Ian looked back at who was now Ben's ex and saw nothing but rage. He smirked, "Maybe if you treated him right instead of manipulating and abusing him, you'd still have a fiancé."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1110 words! Kinda wanna go back and add a word :P

Hope you enjoyed!

Requests always open!!

~Angel ^-^