Lifeguard

Wow... Can you guys believe that this is the 50th part?! Look how far we've come!! ^-^

Request by Misticwolf935

Prompt: Ben has a huge crush on the lifeguard at the community pool. Which is Ian. So what Ben does is he pretends to be drowning and when Ian does mouth to mouth, Ben kisses him. Also Ian is like a really popular guy so everyone expects him to beat Ben up.

Warning: slurs

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben loved going to the community pool. Not because he enjoyed swimming all that much, but because he loved watching one of the lifeguards.

He had undoubtedly fallen in love with him at first sight and couldn't help but to be affected by every little thing about him. Though, after several days of admiring him from afar, a certain thought that wouldn't leave his mind began driving him crazy. He needed to know what the man's lips felt like against his own.

And he knew just how to find out.

Ben had jumped into the pool and swam around for a bit before letting out a fake cry of pain and clutching at his stomach. He allowed himself sink under the water and let out a few little bubbles of air.

The lifeguard quickly sprung into action, diving into the pool, pulling Ben out, and laying him on the ground. The smaller held his breath as his chest was pressed down on several times as the other started CPR. He felt the lifeguard shift his position then, seconds that felt like hours later, lips were pressing against his own.

Taking his chance, Ben quickly wrapped his arms around the other man and kissed him. Though, almost instantly, the lifeguard put his hands on Ben's chest and pushed himself away as the crowd that had formed to see the action gasped and screamed in shock. The lifeguard stood up and took a few steps back before looking down at Ben with a look of shock and disgust.

A moment of silent tension passed before someone in the crowd shouted, "What are you just standing there for?! Beat the fag up!"

Several other people shouted their agreements, "Yeah, beat him up!"

"Make him pay for doing that to you!"

"Give him what he deserves!"

Before long, the crowd had erupted into similar phrases and chantings of 'Beat him! Beat him!' filled the air.

Regret started to come over Ben as tears formed in his eyes. He could see the lifeguard's expression change through his blurry vision, but couldn't tell what the new expression was. Though, as he saw the other man get closer and grab his arm to pull him up, he figured it had to be anger, rage, violence.

What he didn't expect, as he was pulled to his feet, was to feel those amazing lips press against his again. Butterflies filled his body and he melted into the kiss as the crowd screamed again. He felt an arm wrap around his waist and everything seemed perfect.

Though, a second of confusion hit as the taller moved his arm up so that it was just under Ben's own arms. The lifeguard broke the kiss as he leaned down and Ben yelped as he felt another arm go behind his knees and sweep him off of his feet.

The lifeguard said one simple sentence as he looked down at Ben, "It's a good thing you're cute."

Ben blinked to clear his eyes of tears and found himself staring up at the smile he had only fantasized of for what seemed like ages. He felt the lifeguard start walking and held onto him.

As they passed the crowd, Ben caught a glimpse at them only to see a mix of confusion, disbelief, and disgust. He turned his face towards the other man's chest, not wanting to look at them any longer. He stayed like that until the lifeguard was setting him down on a bench and realized that he had been carried to the, thankfully empty, locker room.

The lifeguard sat by him and gently cupped his face. He smiled at Ben's blush and wiped the smaller's forgotten tears away from his cheeks.

Ben gave a genuine, thankful smile, "Thank you... Y-you know... f-for not... hating or beating me or anything..." His voice got quieter as he spoke and trailed off towards the end.

"No problem," the lifeguard smiled wider and, as he noticed Ben blush again, continued in a slightly dreamy tone, "Wow, you're cute when you're embarrassed." He smiled more as Ben's face got even redder and spoke again to change the subject, "What locker is your stuff in?"

"Huh? O-oh... t-twelve."

The lifeguard walked to that locker and used his master key to open it. He pulled out the contents: a towel, a pair of flip flops, and a t-shirt with a wallet and phone wrapped in it. He walked back to Ben and set the stuff down next to him before going to get his own stuff and coming back to sit by the other.

The lifeguard spoke up as they both dried off and put on their dry clothes, "Ya know, pretending to drown so you could, uh, k-kiss me was a pretty low move."

"I know... I-I'm sorry." Ben avoided eye contact as he looked down to dry his hair.

The lifeguard cleared his throat and spoke again to clear the forming awkwardness, "Uh, by the way, I'm Ian. You?"

"I'm B-Benjamin..." He pulled on his shirt and waited a moment before adding, "E-earlier... Y-you s-said something ab-bout me being... c-cute?"

Ian laughed, "Yeah, and you are."

"C-cute...?" Ben sounded confused.

"Yeah, like you're all small and innocent looking and... well... cute."

Ben blushed harder and stuttered more as he spoke, "Y-You're... attractive t-too..."

"Oh?" Ian slightly smirked.

"Y-yeah... y-you're tall and t-tan and have m-muscles a-and... y-your eyes are really am-mazing." By the time he was done talking, Ben's face was bright red and he could feel the heat on his cheeks.

Ian smiled and returned the compliment, "Yours are pretty cool too, not many people have green eyes around here," he paused, "Also, I hope you aren't basing much of your feelings for me on the tan, cause as soon as summer ends I'm going back to playing video games all day and staying indoors until next summer." He laughed.

"Y-you like video games too?" Ben's voice showed his interest.

"Yeah... say, if you don't mind, would you like to come over to my place and play something? I have all sorts of games."

"Can I?" Ben's eyes seemed to shine.

Ian smiled, "Of course."

With that, the smaller quickly slipped on his shoes and excitedly jumped up. Ian let out chuckle at the childish behavior before getting up too. He took a second to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything and held out a hand towards Ben.

The smaller looked at it a bit confused for a second before blushing and hesitantly putting his over Ian's. The older held on to the smaller hand and led him out of the building and all the way back to his place.

They may of just formally met but, it was certainly looking like they'd have a wonderful future together ahead of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1136 words! Woo, Part 50 done!!

Hope you enjoyed!

Requests always open!!

~Angel ^-^