The Servant

Prompt: Imagine your OTP in a medieval AU. Person A is a dignitary/noble/monarch/someone high ranking, travelling to visit somebody of a similar rank (person C of OT3 or even NoTP if you want). Person B is C's slave, working in their home for a long time. After some contact the two fall in love, even though B is in a position where they risk being executed if the two of them get caught together, and A's family will never accept them taking B as their spouse. Eventually, as they come closer to the time when A has to leave for their own land, the pair begin to make a plan to elope together.

Medieval!AU

Hope you enjoy!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian was the only child of his family and the crown prince of his kingdom. Currently his parents, the king and queen, and himself were on their way to see crown prince Jordan become king after a tragedy befell his parents.

The major difference in their kingdoms? Ian's offered the poor servant jobs in the palace and Jordan's had a long running tradition of making unfortunate foreigners their servants.

The first day in Jordan's kingdom, Ian's attention was caught by the new king's personal servant and he felt his heart skip a beat as he saw the smaller's face. As time passed, Ian found himself pausing and staring every time the servant was around. He knew he shouldn't feel this way, but the other man was just so... perfect.

One late afternoon, after many days of not being able to stop thinking about him, Ian saw the servant walking down the hall. He quickly caught up to him and and pulled him into a room. The smaller man whimpered and looked down, instantly becoming very submissive.

Ian was confused for a second before it clicked and his eyes went wide. "N-no! I-I'm not gonna do anything to you!" The curly-haired man looked up confused.

Ian sighed and gave a gentle smile, "What's... your name?"

"Benjamin..." The man's voice was very quiet and small, but none the less showed an accent.

Ian smiled at finally hearing his voice - it gave him more butterflies than he had expected. "Well, Benjamin, you can stop being scared. Like I said, I'm not going to hurt you. I... I just wanted to know your name and," Ian gently lifted his face up and paused as he saw stunning green eyes, "and to tell you that you're beautiful."

The smaller had a look of total shock behind his blush.

"Look, I don't expect you to love me or even trust me but... just know that I'll never hurt you. So, you don't need to be afraid around me. I'll make sure no one hurts you, while I'm here."

The next few weeks went on and Ben began getting more and more comfortable around Ian. He spent a lot of his free time with the royal and even started to break his strict rules as a servant to give him bashful smiles whenever he saw him while at Jordan's side.

One day, Ian was sitting against the headboard of his large, luxurious bed with Ben sitting between his legs and leaning against his chest. It wasn't an unusual position as the two had quickly gotten very close in their rare moments alone and both quite liked to spend the time cuddled together. This time, however, Ian had tilted Ben's head up and, after a moment of looking into each other's eyes, he leaned down and kissed the smaller.

It was a magical kiss filled with passion and a love that shouldn't be. After all, a servant and a royal were to stay nothing more than that. Though, despite knowing it would never be accepted, they ended up dating. Their relationship, of course, had to be a secret and it only made them want to be together even more. So, Ben started spending every second of his rare free time in Ian's room. Unfortunately, one night he was caught leaving Ian's private room and rumors of the royal 'using' him began. Though, it was treated as if it were nothing.