Forms

Prompt: Imagine your OTP walking past a babies supply store. Person A, who is incapable of having kids, stops and stares into the window with a sad expression. Person B tenderly rubs their hand. Later, when they are at home, person B surprises person A with adoption forms.

I don't have much else to say here so... Enjoy! :P

Edit: Legit just published before remembering I meant to do this lol

Shout out to Strawb_Sco0ter for voting on so many chapters the past day or so!!! <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One beautiful, sunny day, Ian and Ben had been walking down the street hand in hand. Though, as they passed a certain shop Ben froze.

Feeling the tug on his hand, Ian looked back at his husband. Confusion crossed his face as he saw that Ben had stopped and was now staring sadly at a building. Following his gaze, however, it all made sense.

The store Ben had been looking at was a baby supplies shop. Through the glass front, Ian could see all kinds of cribs and strollers and high chairs and toys.

He let out a small sigh before looking away from the building and towards Ben's face. Where a happy expression had just been now showed a forced smile.

"You okay?" Ian knew it was almost pointless to ask.

"Y-Yeah." Ben's voice crack didn't help to make him sound very convincing.

Knowing that the obvious lie meant that his lover didn't want to talk about the topic, Ian simply rubbed his thumb against the back of the younger's hand in a small gesture of comfort.

It was no surprise to Ian that all the baby items had upset Ben. He had noticed that, lately, anything even vaguely baby related would distract his lover. Mothers with strollers or young children walking past them, commercials for baby items, even light colors like the ones you'd see in a nursery seemed to bother him.

At first, Ian didn't think anything of it though, as time went on and it became more and more obvious that Ben was becoming more and more upset by these things, Ian realized that there must be a reason for the reactions. And there was only one reason he could think of.

Ben must of wanted a baby.

He must of wanted a child of his own so badly that even seeing anything remotely baby related was causing a physical reaction. It probably didn't help him any that, as two men, they both knew very well that they were incapable of having their own child. Of course, adoption was always an option and Ian figured that the only reason Ben hadn't asked him about it already must of been that he was too scared that he would say 'no'.

Though, Ian would of been more than happy to adopt and raise a child with his loving husband; the thought of it alone was enough to bring a smile to his face.

Picture of Ben and himself taking care of a baby still fresh, an idea began to form in the back of his mind.

-=-=-=-

A few weeks later, Ian was sitting on the couch, arms around Ben who was cuddled next to him. They had finished a long day of recording and were now happy to relax on the couch together and lazily watch tv.

A commercial advertising baby toys came on and Ben made a sound that was a mix of sadness and anger before burying his face in Ian's chest. The older sighed and ran his hand through Ben's hair a few times before moving it to Ben's back and rubbing soothing circles onto it.

Once the younger was calmed down, Ian bit his lip, took a deep breath and moved Ben off of his lap. Confused, Ben just watched Ian as he leaned over the arm of the couch and grabbed something from the drawer in the side table. Even more confused, Ben focused on the item before realizing it was a stack of papers.

He looked at Ian with an expression that silently asked 'what is that?'.

Ian smiled and pulled Ben in for a kiss before showing him the papers.

It only took a moment for his face to light up as he read the words 'Adoption Forms'. He immediately looked back up at Ian and the priceless expression he had melted the older's heart at how happy and hopeful he was.

"Are these...real?" Excited disbelief dripped from his words.

Ian's smile softened, "Of course."

"I...," Ben wrapped his arms around Ian's neck, "thank you." The last word was choked out as the younger man tried to keep from crying.

Ian gently pushed his husband back a bit and wiped the tears from the corners of his eyes. "I'll take it you're happy?"

Ben nodded and in a voice that was a mix of a happy cry and a whisper managed to say, "Really."

Ian pulled him into his lap and into a hug. "All I need is for you to sign a few papers and they're ours."

"They're?" A single tear ran down Ben's cheek and he smiled as a hand cupped his face and wiped it away.

"Oh," Ian shifted the other so that he could reach around him and flip through a few pages of the packet. He stopped at one with a couple pictures paper clipped to it. "Here," he showed Ben the pictures and watched as his confusion turned to awe. "They're twins. I saw one of the girls and it just felt right. Like she was made for us. Then, I found out she had a twin sister and knew that you wouldn't let them be separated so, I figured we could adopt them both. That sound okay?"

"I.. Yes! I can't wait! We... We're going to have a family! We're going to be fathers!"

"Yeah, we are. And you're going to be a great one." Ian smiled and pressed a kiss to Ben's lips. When he pulled away, he gave a half smile half smirk to his husband and asked, "So, you want the pen and paper?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

932 words! Kinda short but I like it

Also, yes, I did have to add the pen and paper joke at the end. It was just too perfect not to

Hope you enjoyed!

Requests always open!

~Angel ^-^