01.16 - Lin Heng

Lin Heng pledge his heart to Meixiang after that day. Meixiang, on the other hand, distance herself to Lin Heng. Even though she continued to visit the Lin Family, she avoided interacting with the man. It came to a point where Lin Heng's family took notice - but everyone figured it was just a simple lover spat. The two were engaged to be married at the end of the year - no one thought much of Meixiang's coldness toward Lin Heng. They figured she was just shy. Meanwhile, Lin Heng felt anxious and restless. By the time Meixiang left the Capital back home with her father, Lin Heng had wanted to have a private moment with her but was denied each time. He believed that Meixiang was still angry with him because of the incident with Liu Jiaying. The thought that Meixiang leaving without letting him makes things up to her, caused chaos to his heart.

After Meixiang left the Capital, Lin Heng constantly have his people send gifts to her. Even cities apart, every week, he would send her jewelry, rolls of the finest silk cloth, shoes, gold, silver, or pearls. Lin Heng kept waiting for the little white dove at the Lin Estate each day, only to find the bird nest empty. No matter how many gifts or letters he sent, Meixiang was silent. The more silent Meixiang was, the more anxious Lin Heng became.

Liu Jiaying had thought to take the opportunity while Meixiang was gone from the Capital to get back in Lin Heng's good grace. But nothing she did or say moved Lin Heng's heart. Once a man's heart is changed, nothing could change it back. The female lead found herself distracted and frantic for the second male lead's attention. Unknowingly to her, with her constant attention toward the second male lead, the male lead begins to see the change in her. For a man, to see his woman chasing after another man - someone who was his best friend, only bring bitterness and sourness to his heart. In the beginning, Liu Jiaying had gave Zhuang Yi is heart. The male lead had done everything to win the female' lead's heart. So when did her heart suddenly waver? Disappointed by Liu Jiaying action, Zhuang Yi also grew cold toward her. But the clueless main character was too caught up with herself to notice her allure toward the two most important men in her life was dimming.

Meanwhile, in the Zhao residence, the small group of guards from the Lin Family again appeared bearing gifts. With days before the days before the wedding, the Lin Family frequently brought more treasure chest to the Viscount. For months since their departure from the Capital City the citizens living little province that the Viscount oversees, saw the Lin Family bring multiple treasure chest to the Zhao Family. Believing it all was the Lin Family's dowry for the Viscount's daughter; many people admired and envy the Viscount for having a capable daughter.

"Good daughter" The Viscount laughed happily at the sight of treasure before him. "It seems father does not need to worry about you entering the Lin Family"

For the groom to show such generosity toward the bride's family was very family's dream. Lin Heng's level of generosity showed how much he treasured Zhao Meixiang.

"How pretty" Meixiang was standing by one of the treasure chest filled with silk clothes.

Naturally, the soul within Meixiang was a woman who loves fine jewelry and clothes. Lin Heng's gifts for the past few months have pleased Meixiang more than he knows.

"If you like them, have a seamstress come to make you more dresses" The Viscount smiles as he watched his beloved daughter admire the set of well crafted silk cloth.

"Yes miss" A maid quickly agreed with a smile. "This design suits the miss most"

Meixiang watched amusedly as the maids all fluttered around the silk chest with clear desires in their eyes.

"If you all like them, share the silk among yourselves"

Meixiang always know the best method to gain loyalty to her - even if it's superficial, it's nonetheless, a good method to get some people to her side. The little maids all were prime examples as they immediately went to their knees and thanked Meixiang graciously.

"Just a few silk cloths and you're all in tears" Meixiang's smiles were soft as she waved the maids away. "Silly bunch of girls"

It was rare for any noble young miss to be as giving as Meixiang, so the maids all were deeply moved and swore to serve their young miss even better.

"Good daughter" The Viscount chuckled as Meixiang went to the seat beside him. "With all the gifts Lin Heng have prepared, it's proper to send him our gratitude."

The Viscount had long noticed Meixiang little fight with Lin Heng. When they had left the capital, the man had took notice of his daughter's silence even as Lin Heng's eyes were begging her to spar him just a glance. It had amused him at first. Especially now, his daughter has not sent anything in return for all the gifts that Lin Heng had brought.

"Of course, please mentioned in the letter that Meixiang is grateful for the Lin Family's generosity"

The storage in the Zhao estate was filled up to the point where there's no space left and still his daughter was still aloof to Lin Heng's attempt to win her heart.

"My daughter" The Viscount chuckled softly. "I'm afraid my letter will cause a certain young man disappointment"

"Why?" Meixiang pretended not to understand the meaning behind her father's word. "Why would daddy's letter disappoint anyone?"

"My good daughter" The Viscount pinched his daughter's cheek and laughed. "You clearly know why. Now go write to your beloved"

Meixiang made a pouting face but stood and walked away, doing what her father ordered. The Viscount with a warm smile, watched as Meixiang walked off.