Chapter 19 - hunting,bitches&HillBillies

Maya

Jheez, i was knackered! Damon had insisted that he take me out for lunch, so i agreed. I didn't realise he was cooking though! He had an empty apartment, so we stopped by the store to stock up on food and went back to his place. It was nice, but quite far away from my place. It was gorgeous, deep brown wooden floors, high ceilings, a roof top garden, overlooking this really nice cafe, with a rose garden. Although his house didn't have any furniture. only some bean bags in the empty living room and a matress on the floor in the master bedroom. He was an amazing cook! He made tortellini with some sort of tomato and basil dressing and he baked a chocolate cake and i decorated it with a disabled smiley face made from chocolate buttons and orange icing sugar! Then we spent the afternoon lying on his matress talking about nonsense. He insisted he get a picture of me for his phone screen, but i totally objected to that! When he got a snap of me i spent hours pointlessly wrestling with him!

Now i sit alone in his apartment, on a bean bag listening to Nirvana, heart shaped box. He had gone hunting and said he'd be back with dinner. BANG! i heard glass shatter to the floor, from the bathroom window.

'Maya?'

'Miss Banks...? What ...What are you doing here!?'

'You must stay away from Damon, he's bad news, he's a va-'

'A vampire yes i know'

'well he aint no nice one, he's a user, you have to go right n-'

'No.'

'Maya, if you are not going to cooperate, i'm going to have to make you'

'you bitch'

'excuse me?'

'you heard me. you barge in here, telling me what to do , blah blah blah, threatening me. no!'

'Maya i knew Damon once, i loved him. He swept me off my feet and i -'

'i didn't fall for him, he fell for me.' I saw her face shatter and drop. 'Is this what it's about? Damon? seriously? Come on!'

'Maya i'm trying to warn you, he's not good!'

'I don't care if he's good or not! I don't care!!!' Did i just say that? i do care right...or did i? i mean he killed my best friend but ...but i didn't stay mad. I couldn't...

'SALEST!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?'Damon threw the bag onto the kitchen counter, and rushed to my side.

'I..I was here..to speak to May...Maya'

'HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE I LIVE!?' He yelled, his eyes black, and fangs extending.

'Nobody likes desperate' I added sweetly. I could feel Damon chuckle against me, his arm around my waist; Salest looked like she was going to kill me.

'Damon, She's not who you think! She's seriously bad news! Every one falls in love with her, its what she does, i mean EVERY ONE you can't  help it-'

This bitch is annoying me now. I swung my left arm, her head snapped to the right, Her eyes went all googly for a minute before she dropped to the floor. Damon looked at me in shock before holding out his hand 'HIGH FIVE!' i smacked his hand giggling.

'CHEST BUMP!' I screamed, and we both jumped towards eachother lightly.

'you're not going to kill her are you?' My voice small and childlike.

'Maya, Angel...I don't have a hoice. She's not one of those witches that sing with birds or talk to squirrels. She talks to dead people and can possess bodies' He cupped my face bringing it to his.

'5 minutes, now hurry' i turned towards the kitchen counter where our dinner lied in a plastic bag. I wonder what he bought! I was kind od excited, i liked food...ALOT! I took a couple of take away containers out, to find tofu, chiken in black bean sauce, sweet and sour chicken, kung pow chicken, egg friend rice, beefchow mean, sea food and king prawn chow mein, along with Pineapple fritta's, and fortune cookies. Man, he must really like me! Inside the chinese take away bag i saw another bag. I opened it to find a white box filles with dozens of strawberries, covered in milk, white and dark chocolate, along side a tub of ben and jerry's cookie dough ice cream! Like a child i felt a goofy smilee spread across my face. Iflicked through the kitchen cupboards only to find shot glasses, and a few bottles of rum, bourbon, whickey and vodka. Stupid Damon, i guess it was plastic forks and plasctis boxes.

'Honey, i'm home!' Damon yelled from the hallway.

'Hey Sweetie fow was work!?' I ran up to him dropping a kiss on him cheek.

'Well old Mr Bossman said if i aint get his figures right, they aint gona be no figures in my account!' He pouted sarcastically, while putting on a hill billy accent.

'Well, Dang Flab it!' I yelled back, copying his accent. He smiled, oh his smile sent shivers through me!