chapter 6 - Goodbye Valentine's

Salest

it was seven, and the students had started arriving , bunching outside the school gym. The teachers had pitched into decorating, and i had to admit it was stunning. Some sort of fairy tale wonderland bullshit. Sparkly lights, dainty little flowers, Lanterns, all that nonsense...I had been looking forward to the dance, i had bought my self a nice little dress, a silkty brown colour, similar to my mixed race skin. i wore simple flats, but decorated them with a little bow, my dress sinched in at the waist and flowed out, reaching knee length.

Once the gym doors finally opened, the students starred in awe, and shock; admiration and happiness. It was nice, this would be the last time i would see these kids  all TOGETHER! i have to admit, i used magic to get my way into this job, i could've stolen but that was wrong; but i've grown fond of these teens, some what attached to them.

Lexi walked in, head to toe in a little black dress. Her usual afro traded for straight and sleek hair.

'hey Lexi, where's Maya?' i asked, realising i probably should've complimented her.

'oh, uum she'll be here in...' her voice trailed off, as she starred off into the distance, her mouth left hanging. I turned to see what had caught her so off guard.

Damon.

His mass of black hair sleek and contrasted against his pale skin. His chisseled jaw line, sculpted cheek bones. his silk black shirt clung to him, showing his lean, attractive figure. head to toe in black.

i sighed, annoyed. Not annoyed at him, but at the fact that my heart still fluttered, the butterflies still flying, my still stuttered. Even after 13 years.

'Salest!' he said, eyeing me up and down. ' you clean up good' He winked at me, his arrogant tone reminding me why i disliked him.

'Damon, you shouldn't be here' I knew him, he would do something to hurt some one, and i would have to  cover up and pick up the peices; no matter who got hurt or how big of a lie.

'now now, calm down little bi..witch' He flashed his 1000 kilowatt smile, so bright and he could've lit up the room. 'i'm actually here because i met this girl. In fact she was looking for you, but instead got me' his tone innocent and playful.

'let me guess tropical, , leather jacket, vintage lace , long curly..' Thats when i realised he had lost interest in me and was starring at the centre of the dance where Maya was...with a guy...what?!

Damon

no...no no no he moaned mentally, a throb in his chest. There she was some kind of tropic Goddess, vintage lace, studded heels and...the leather jacket. He smiled. She was dancing with a guy, a rather handsome one; he admitted. His back was towards him, he could see Maya's face, she was smiling and laughing; while he cuddles her, hands round her waist, slow dancing.

All of a sudden her eye's darted towards him, and she smiled; looking over her dates shoulder, he turned around.

Thats when i got mad, real mad.

STEFAN STEFAN STEFAN IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING STEFAN THAT RIGHTEOUS SON OF A BITCH! DAMN MY BROTHER AND HIS GREEN EYES! CONDEMN HIM TO THE LOWEST , MOST FIERY DEPTHS OF HELL!

He was walking towards me 'Damon, what brings you here?' he said, curiousity lurking in his green eye's.

'i could ask you the same, brother' i smiled, my fake plastic smile; the obvious bitterness visible in my tone of voice.

'this girl i met, she's fini-' i couldn't stand it, i threw a punch at him, directly in the stomach and he studdered backwards. I put my arm around him and guided him outside, his weak attempts only using up any strength he had left.

'YOU IDIOT!' i spat and kicked him on the floor, blood spurting from his mouth. 'YOU STUPID CUNT!' i elbowed his shoulder, it crunched beneath me, and he let out a yelp of pain. I kicked him for God knows how long, i wrestled with him, til he was as limp as a rag doll.

'GO, NO NO GO!' He started yelling, hiding his face.

what the...? I heard the sound of heels against the ground, clicking toawrds us, i whipped round ready to bite, only to see an angel, a weeping angel. She brushed past me and ran straight to Stefan. o could feel my shoulders slump, my breath deflate and become shallow.

She knelt down on the concrete, hugging Stefan's limp body. 'why did you do this..?' her voice breaking, i opened my mouth but no words came out,i stood there wide eyed, my voice didn't obey.

'Stefan, Stefan come on wake up. We're going home' She shook him gently, and he groaned openng his eyes. 'Stefan, you need blood you have to bite me' She shrugged her leather jacket off, exposing her backless dress, and she turned her back to him. He sat up, moving her mass of curls to one side. He leaned his lips against her skin, she didnt shudder or flinch, and then he bit. He held her hand caressing her thumb, she tilted her head back closing her eyes.

i closed my eyes and  turned away, attempting to ignore the jealous streaks i had.

He stood up shakily, stretching.

'Maya, meet my brother Damon.' he gestured towards me with his handa, he was so disappointed in my behaviour not once did he even look at me.

'I'll take you home' i walked towards him, gripping him tightly. DAMN! i shook him up good!

'Maya, don't worry i'll meet you at home' He smiled, cupping her chin. ' tropical princess'

A smile tugged at her lips, but tears were still falling. 'Green bean'

Maya

oh my God. Stefan loved katherine thought she died, fell for elena , now the kathy bitch is dead. He always avoided the topic of his brother not saying much, so if stefans a vampire, so id his brother. I met his brother and hugged him. The girl Damon loved was katherine, but Katherine loved Stefan

wow.

I began to pace around my bedroom. should i get changed? how long does it take to get here!?

Damon

turn left, keep going. Stefan hadn't said a word to me, he directed me to Maya'a house all through mental talk, while i ran with his weakened body. I felt bad...UUUGH!

'Stefan?' i asked, arriving at thge house.

'yes, Damon' he said glancing up, he put his hand along the railing to steady him self.

'i...i'm sorry' i stuttered, i spluttered the words out. ' i just got really -'

'stefan!' the door flung open and Maya ran out, embracing Stefan in a hug, he burried his face in the crrok of her neck, his hands around her waist, lifting her on her toes.

uugh.

I wish she would hold me like she did today, but after tonite...probably not.

NO! NO! i refuse to give up. i WILL NOT leave until she loves me.

Damon smirked to him self, this would be an interesting summer.

'Lets get some rest, princess' Stefan said looking down at her, after she yawned. Oh, she was so cute!

'um, Damon where are you staying tonite...' Stefan said suddenly infront of me.

'well you could always be a gentleman and invite me in...'

'Damon! you -' Stefan looked enraged , but was shortly interupted after a sweet voice intervened.

'i'll put a mattress out on the balcony, so you're technically not in my house' She said, looking at me. Looking through me, emotionless.