Chapter 9 - Strange Clouds

***dedicated to ikran zamir (epic bestfriend)***

Maya

I closed the door, and slumped against it; exhaling heavily and smiling. Oh my God, did that just happened? The brooding and dangerous Salvatore brother actually tried to kiss me? Wow. I ran to the living room window to see Damon still standing on the porch; pacing and running his fingers through his hair. I slipped out of my heels and ran on over to the door and placed my hand on the handle, before gently pulling it open.

'Damon..' i murmured

'yes?' He was suddenly infront of me, his expression some what surprised.

'where are you staying tonite?' i asked biting my lip. Do i seriously want to do this?

'uum i was going to my uum .. my...' He pointed back in the distance rambling on.

'i'll see you on the balcony' I flashed a smile, and closed the door running to my room, finding him leaning against the doors to the balcony. i opened them happily, running out onto the balcony bare feet against the floor; heels in my hand. Damon lounged against the door frame watching, with a serious expression. I mirrored his expression teasing him. I felt the wind tug at my hair and shivers run across my skin, damn it was cold. Damon was zipping his jacket up, while i stood freezing.

'It's cold' i said sadly.

' i know baby' He said walking towards me, arms stretched out. I pushed them away, and ran towards my door. I stood just inside ,my room so he couldn't reach me through the invisible barrier.

'what's wrong?' his voice smooth and soft.

' Well Mr Salvatore...' i smirked, batting my lashes. ' As you are a guest in my home, and as the weather is seems to have become frighteningly cold, i can only think of one rational action to take place' my voice silken and seductive. He smirked at me, cocking his eye brow up.

'May i come in?' He asked , standing straight. Oh he was nice to stare at. I stretched my hand out for his, delighted when he took it, he stepped in happily.

'well there are another three bathrooms, with towels and all; help yourself. Look around the house, Stefan's room is next door, stay in any of the guest rooms, i'm going for a quick shower and clean up, so i'll see you in ten' I grabbed my towel and pj's and made my way to the bathroom, Who knows what i would loose tonite...some blood? my life? 

my virginity...?

I took my time, undressing; carefully removing all traces of make up from my face. I heard murmurs of conversation. Damon and Stefan were speaking, but i din't bother listening. I stepped into the shower massaging shampoo into my hair and humming The Jackson Five, abc.

i stepped out my bathroom, in my oversized guns'n'roses t-shirt and black hot pants. Damon was lounging on my bed, looking through my certificate book.

'professional pianist....grade 7 classical singer...grade 8 theory of music...what's abrsm?' he said squinting.

'associated board royal school of music' i dropped on the mattress next to him and unwrapped the towel from my hair.

'so angel, what shall we do? eat ice cream...make overs? hair and nails? pplay monopoly, have sex or watch movies?' He grinned in his usual arrogant way.

'hhmmm i am so feeling the last two' i said shaking my hair out. I showed him to the dvd library in the living room, and curled up on the sofa while he flicked through.

'hhmmm it's between Bad Boys, Rush Hour, White Chicks and...' he continued to flick through them, i skipped towards the kitchen, raiding the fridge for Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream, i cut up some strawberries and grabbed a bowl of blueberries and huddled back to Damon.

'Sit down, you look tired' He demanded me to sit down, and threw a blanket over me.

'come here' i whined, surrounded by bowls.

'make me' He smirked cocking his eye brows up.

'fine' I wrapped the blanket over me, sheilding my face. Strong arms seemed to sweep my up then drop me again. I peeked up, through the blanket and saw then i was lying inbetween Damon's legs, resting my upper body on top of his; as he lounged against the sofa.

'uuugh, do you know how many times i've seen white chicks!?' i laughed against his chest. I felt his arms around my waist and his head on my neck.

'Damon...' i push the covers off of me and stood up abruptly. 'i'm really tired'

I didn't wait for him, to speak. I caught a glimpse of him, opening his mouth to say something; but i turned away. I got to my bedroom and closed the door behind me. WHAT AM I DOING? what about Kyle...it was only like 2 months ago? was i ready...i just didn't want to fall for some one and get hurt. Every one had told me i hurt people, how i crush them unintentionally, i don't wana be the one getting hurt; i would rather do the hurting. I do not like Damon.

I stopped pacing round my room, and decided to get some sleep.

i woke up, the sky colours of the sunset; but now as pretty. The orange to vibrant and bright, the yellow almost vile and dirty, the red...rich and blood like. What strange clouds...

I was running now, i ran to the kitchen.

no..no no no, please no not this...i can't...

i held the knife with my right hand, and slashed. It fell, i looked down, i saw flesh. Everything went blank for a few minutes. Shock. I felt wet, every thing felt wet, my clothes, my socks, my hoodie, my shirt. i looked down, i was standing in a pool of my blood, crimson rich liquid. I had never seen so much blood. Everything went black, only catching glimpses of ambulance lights and people screaming.

i bolted up right in my bed, panting, cold, crying and screaming. I was out and pulled my bedroom door open.

'Maya, maya what-' Damon stood in front of me trying to reach his hands out and steady me. I was paniced, still crying. I pushed him aside and ran to Stefan's room. who was at his door now.

'Stefan..i..i had ..the ..-' i burried my face in his t shirt. His hand stroking my hair and hushing me.

'sssh princess, i know i know' He picked me up and carried me in his room, and closed the door behind him. I slowly dropped me on the bed and switched he light on. He came back pulling me onto his lap and wrapping the duvet around me.

Damon was talking outside the door, screaming , banging and shouting.

'JUST FUCK OFF!' i screamed, my voice sore and my eyes red.

why, why why why why?

thatd ream, that one nightmare. I can't stand, the worse fact that it felt so real, all the time. The dream was real once.