chapter 5 - green bean

Maya

Schoolalways finished half day, when it was the last day of term. I stopped and said my good byes and distributed hugs at the school gates. Some were excited, others cried, i just nodded and smiled. I was always destined for more than education could give me.

The house was empty as usual. The unused kitchen, dusty furniture, countless art work stored in the corners of the living room. I had done them all, but wasn't tall enough to hang it from the high ceilings; so i left it hoping one day my father would return to hang it, or even my mom.

My dad was from a tropical island, called Mauritius. He grew up in poverty, moved here. Started a bussiness and became a millionaire. Yes, i was happy for his success and money, but he was never here. He was attending meetings, seeing clients, in court, doing accounts, bussiness deals, conference's, discussing bussiness strategies over vintage wine and white wined sea food, in a fancy restaurant with riduculous prices, and my mom accompanied him, chippiung in with work.

And there was me, left her by my self. Yes, i admit i jumped at the chance to party, get drunk and stay out late, but i over did it, and it soon grew tedious.

i looked down at my phone

one new message

Mr And Mrs Shianora congratulate you on finishing high school and hope to be in touch soon.

It was from Christal, my fathers PA

Stefan

It had been 6 months, 8 day, 12 hours he had seen her. His tropical princess, he always called her that, and should would reply with a smile; but sooncame up with an equally complimentary nick name for him.

Elena had tried to come, but he had insisted she stayed home with her brother. He would enjoy a little time away from complications, only a little though. She didn't know he was coming, he had tried to contact her parents but there had been no answer. So he simply took it as an open invitation.

Maya

four o'clock. three hours til show time.

i layed my clothes on the bed and grabbed a towel, padding to the bathroom. hot shower, washed my hair and a facial, brrrrrr its cold! I sang to myself lightly, humming 'scream' by Usher. Oh, the things i would do to Usher, but i had to admit Chris Brown was hotter, but NO ONE would ever beat Trey Songz. My ultimate sex God, oh Go...

my thoughts were distracted by a creeking from outside the bathrooms, i turned the water off standng still, a slight shuffling sound. Some one was in the house. I wrapped my towel around me tightly, and opened the heavy mahogony door. My bedroom door was wide open, i quietly walked, keeping my body weight light on my feet, ready to pounce. (not that i could really do much)

The sound of swishing and wind, came from all directions. String arms held my waist and lifted me up over their shoulder and threw me on the bed.

Stefan landed on top of me.

'STEFAN!' He pulled me to his chest cuddling me, wresting his chin on my head.

'Tropical Princess' He smiled stroking my wet hair. ' Gosh you've grown up! i remember meeting you for the first time. You lost your baby sitter in the park and was sitting on a swing crying' He smiled in fond rememberance. 'and when i asked you why you were crying, you said you couldn't swing high like the big kids!' He burst out laughing, while i chuckled lightly.

'Ha, i was a cool kid. Then you bought me an ice cream, and said you'd push me so high that i'd go flying into space!' i shook my hair at him, flicking water and he laughed again, reaching his calm green eyes.

'Well from what i heard, you have a dance to attend, and it seems you have a slight problem' his face looked stressed and grieving. Oh no, what happened...

'you have no date!' a smile twitched on his lips, whioe he played with my little fingers.

'Well , my oh my Stefan, what shall i do about that?' my eyes humourous and face so sarcastic, i must've looked like a belonged in a rehabilitation centre for four year olds.

He pulled m off his lap, to my feet; being careful not to drop my towel. He got down on one knee, a hand raised towards me, a dashing smileacross his face.

'ahem, cough cough. Would you Miss Shianora be ever so kindto let I, Stefan Salvatore, accompany you to the Valentine's High School, leavers dance?' his voice poised and sexy.

i raised my hand to my lips, making my best thinking face, before smiling and placing my left hand on my heart and answered ' I, Miss Maya Shianora, would be honoured' before placing my hand in his and smiling.

He pulled me into another one of his bone crushing, bear hugs.

'now, get dressed and be ready by quarter to seven, and i'll escort you to the dance, where we will have an unforgetable time' He opened my window, but before jumping out he pulled me to him a hand round my waist and dropped a kiss  on my forehead, and like that he was gone.

A cool breeze greeted my bare legs, damn i was still in my towel. Okay, shirt. i pulled on my naked shirt. it was called that, because when i had an event i would oull that on after being naked and do my make up first. weird, a little but oh well.

moisturiser, foundation, concealer, eye primer, contour, highlight, bronzer, gel liner, and a little lip balm on my lips. I didn't need mascara, my eye lashes were heavy and a brown colour, ranging from light to dark, depending on the light. I creamed my legs, no need for tan or bronzer, us tropical people have naturally tanned legs! i chuckled slightly. I had my out fit layed on the bed, i slipped into my dress, it was a longsleeved , floor lengthened dress, all vintage lace. Yes, how i do love lace and vintage clothing. I put on my little pearl earings, that Stefan had given me for my 13th birthday. They only came out when Stefan was here, or REALLY special occassions. And tonite amazingly , came under both categories. I slipped into my black studded Louis Vuittons. Ah my babies <3

The perks of being rich, i smiled to my self. I walked to the large mirror in my parents vaccant and empty bedroom. Curvy figure, clinging lace, back less, long sleeved, classy, the slit on the right side of my dress expose my tanned legs, the heels elavating me, elongating my legs. My face, looked natural, and glowed, no just my skin but my smile, as i saw Stefan in the mirror behind me.

'well don't you look handsome' i said adjusting his tie slightly. He chuckled. His tuxedo black, his silken white shirt, loose but tight enough to trace the shape of his six pack. I patted his stomach gently. My eyes looking back to the mirror, inspecting my self from head to toe.

'And dont you look...' his eyes dragged over my body, he ran his fingers through my long curls. ' you look beautiful' his face full of honesty.

I felt slightly un easy when, guys told me how i looked, or eyed me up and down. But with Stefan it was different. He was the older brother i never had.

'come on Green Bean, we don't wana be late!' i tugged at his hand, pulling him out the room.