chapter 4 - rabbit heart racing

Maya

i had felt his heart beat against me speed up, mine did too...i think. OH WHY DID I LEAVE HIM!?

'Maya..who was that!?' Lexi screached excitedly. 'what about he-who-must-not-be-named!?' She pulled a mirror from her bag looking at her nose and touching up her eye liner, while walking. Typical Lexi.

'for...get...forget Kyle' It was the first time i'd said his name in God knows how long.

she looked at me in shock, a smile played on her laips, growing into a laugh. i couldn't help but join.

'so did you guys hit it off?' she asked giggling.

'oh gosh no! we just talked, and hugged..THEN YOU INTERUPTED!' i shoved her playfully. my phone buzzed in my bag, i pulled it out.

'it's Gabrielle' i said happily. ' oh...'

'what's wrong? You guys are best friends or is there trouble in paradise?' she said twirling, oh gosh what a spaz! i handed her my phone, her face twisted in uncertainty.

meet me by the park entrance in 5  , we have to talk ...x

her face seemed to drop at that moment, she twidled her curls and looked around agitatedly.

'okay look, i'm not meant to tell you but...but i think you should know, cuz your abit stupid! You and Gabrielle are like really close friends...like REALLY close. And he thinks you should take that to the next level, like ya know ya know. i said no with after ..after kyle. He said he'd wait til the last moment and lets face it, last day of school before summer...'

'but gabrielle's my friend. He's my best friend...' i started sulking, letting my hair fall over my face as i looked down.

'Maya LOOK AT ME...NOW! this isn't your fault. remember when Deshaun stopped talking to you for no reason, its because he liked you ALOT, same with Shane, that weird kid Javed, Sammy, Shakeel, Chris, Jay, you get the point. YOU'RE just YOU! '

it didnt make me feel better knowng all these people had fallen for me, it made me feel bad. it made me feel guilty. it made me think of Damon.

Damon

i could hear Maya's friend talking. i didn't like what she said. i didn't like the fact that i couldn't get in her mind, i just caught a glimpse of guilt.

my heart took off to an irregular beat, no wonder father didn't let me touch his instruments back in Italy. My heart was heavy, thudding, racing and i liked it. No girl ever did this to me. I did this to girls. i could make them nervous with a smile. i once touched this euuropean girls thigh's, moved upwards until i reached her core and simply rubbed it lightly and she went crazy , moaning like a mad woman! In the middle of a restaurant aswell!

my line of thought was disturbed by Maya again, another glimpse of her mind. An image of a man hugging her waist. CRAP, that was me.

she was thinking of me!? oh my ..wow

she was thinking of me. Damon,you sex beast, get in there!

katherine

i watched Damon, from a far of course , not letting him know i was there. okay fine! i was a bitch to him , but oh gosh Stefan. Oh, Sfefan. His calm green eyes, strong arms...And Damon...no , just no.

i have to admit, it was amusing toying with Damon, but now watching him hurt made me feel slightly bad. Not completely, just a tiny bit though. His eyes seem to dance with excitement when Maya walked in, hmmm she is a stunner i'll admit. Poor Damon, poor poor baby. He's getting his hopes up again, but it'll always be Stefan,  same story but a different girl. You see i keep a close eye on my Salvatore boys, BOTH of them. Looks like baby green eyed brother is dropping in for a visit.

And he isn't here to see Damon.