Chapter 10 - Runaway Baby

Maya

I woke up, Stefan holding me. He looked at me with his earnest green eyes and nodded. We both silent as mice started getting ready. It was only 7 am, we would be ready for 8 and it would all go smooth.

Damon

'ow' I hit the floor with a thump, landing on my side. Suddenly what happened last night all flashed back to me. Maya had woken up screaming, i ran to her, being the knight in shining armour. She shoved past me, straight to Stefan; locked me out. I tried to help but was told to 'fuk off' so i waited for a while, but then decided to see her in the morning.

I didn't bother checking my appearance or even putting my shirt on; i ran straight to her, and knocked on Stefan's door. No answer. Well, i'll take it as an invite. The room was clean and organised, fresh smelling of soap and expensive products, drifting through the bathroom. But the room was empty. I closed the door behind me and made my way to Maya's room. Her room was also clean, cleaner than i remembered. The clothes hanging on the dresser were gone, empty spaces on her shoe rack, her keys were missing from her usual place. I looked behind the door, her bag was missing.

She wouldn't just leave would she...? With Stefan? She wouldn't do that to me...

I continued to inspect her room and attached bathroom. Her bathroom sink had traces of make up in it, so she had defo used it this morning. But her make up was gone...

Her phone charger was gone, so was her phone, and ipod, and all headphones.The pijama's shelf off her cupboard had een completely raided, defo a few things missing. Her underwear drawer, looking slightly empty. Coincidently, none of Stefan's belongings were any where to be seen either.

Maya

' how does Ashton Kutcher look like a hobo!?' i screamed with laughter at Stefan, who was driving his Mustange.

'It's that stupid beard!' He yelled back in hysterics.

'okay okay i admit...he looked better with out the beard, but he looked YUMMY in Killers!!!' i grinned, thinking og him shirtless.

'yeah yeah, what ever. You wana pull over get some lunch?'

hhmmm...i was sorta hungry. 'sure'

A half hour later we were sat in this cute little diner, with neon signs and little carved animal decorations made from oak.

'what would you like love?' i asked Stefan smiling, He eyed the menu cautiously and sighed. ' Whats wrong Green Bean?' i said.

'Damon' The single name made my heart sink. uuugggh.

'Look Stefan, he's a big boy he'll handle himself! Pls we'll be back in like two days...' Something about my excuses didn't even convince me that things were right.

'i know, but things are different now. We can't just whisk off to Paris when ever we please or-'

'YES WE CAN STEFAN! nobody should be able to dictate what we should and shouldnt do!' i did have a point there.

' i know princess, but if the situation were reversed, and you and Damon had traded places how would you feel?' He looked at me, straight in the eyes. I sisghed i knew he had won this battle.

' fine, we'll go back tonite, but like really late!' i blew a raspberry and rolled my eyes, while Stefan grinned with victory.

'OH SHUT UP!' i threw a fork at him, which he caught with his inde and middle finger, right before it hit his face.

'Damon really likes you, i think that-'

'Stefan, please can we just drop it?' i sulked at him.

'no. We are going to talk aout this' His voice stern, man he weren't playing.

'Damon gets mad, really mad and he acts out' He had his head in his hands.

'whats your point green bean?'

'by you leaving he'll get mad...' i was still lost

'i don't understand...' i searched Stefans face for answers.

'He kills, he drinks, he kills...' I could feel Stefans eye on me as my mouth formed a little 'o' shape.

'Stefan...i-' My mouth still hung open, what if Damon was hurting people now? at this very moment as i eat blueberry waffle's?

'Stefan, please please we have to go...' i finally brought my self to speak.

'no, no its fine , he'll just...just give him time...i mean its normal for him but-'

'STEFAN NOW' i had already handed money to the casheer lady and was at the door.

Damon

I was walking down the high street, when i came across a pretty little shop that sold shades, and had a rather pretty looking shop asistant...Who needed a pretty tropical girl? pfffft, i M SO DRUNK RIGHT NOW!

'hello there sweet pea' i winked at her.

'hello; she replied breathless. Oh save the bullshit, i looked into her eyes and she was mine! I  pushed her against the wall, grinding against her hips; forcing my lips onto hers. My hands fumbling with her top, i ripped it and snapped her bra strap and pulled the rest of her clothes off. I tugged my trousers down slightly, i forced her onto the floor behind the counter, and got on top of her. i grinded up against her, but realised i didnt really want her like that, lets just face it. I sunk my fangs into her breast and she moaned, giving into it. I drained her dry and set fire to her body, burning the store along with her.

I lay down in Maya's bed, smelling her scent, which was now slightly drowned by the smell of my whiskey. When i had seen her, i had forgotten to look at her room because my eyes always were on her. Now that she wasn't here i got the chance to look around. The paintings, and sketch books. The cupboard doors littered with lady gaga pictures, florence and the machine, paloma faith, paramore, my chemical romance, papa roach, fall out boys, bruno mars, rita ora, jay z, ice cube, tupac, cameo, maroon 5, uuugh so many. Little music guru. I saw the photos now. Her and Stefan from aged six onwards, her friends and family. Many of her pictures she looked slightly drunk or high, eccentric clothing and high fashion, those girls you look at and think wow she's cool. Her in a trolley being pushed at night, holding...a ...a pair ofboxer shorts. Her and her friends wearing all on top of each other covered in mud. There were loads, but one, this one picture had me fuming! She was smiling directly at the camera, while a boy, hands wrapped around her waist smiling, stared into the camera too. They looked so happy together, The boy was tanned, not as tanned as her though, tall, lean, defo had a six pack (Not as defined as mine though) his slick black hair and hazel eyes...He was holding my baby! My runaway Baby....

I left the room, and headed straight for  the park; plenty of warm blooded girls in the sunshine.