Chapter 41 - Race Against Time

Maya 

'So where are we going?' Damon asked lounging sexily on the back seats of my mustange. I couldn't help but spare a glance at him in the rear view mirror, the man was the living definition of eye candy.

'A motel' Stefan interupted my stare session. 

'elaborate ?' Damon said now counting the stacks of money that were in my tanned bag.

'It's an hours drive on an empty road but because it rush hour it'll probably take about 2 so just shut up' Stefan snapped annoyed by his big brothers questioning. I glanced up into the rear view mirror to find Damon's usual blue eyes, now dark and dangerous. I cocked my eye brow up at him, urging him to say what ever was on his mind.

'So Maya...?' He said slowly, like thick honey dripping from a spoon. Or when you eat a fondue, the sweet kind with warm melted chocolate in the middle and with cold ice cream. It gives you chills but you love it like crazy.

'Yes?' I replied perkily.

'When did you decide to go to this motel?' He raised his eye brows at me.

'uum, i dunno i kinda had it in the back of my head and its pretty unknown so Stefan thought it was pretty good' i replied my voice not so happy now.

'so you asked Stefan?'

'yeah?'

'But you didn't ask me' He said harshly snarling. His viens appeared around his eyes and his eyes were black as a cold winter night.

'OH GOD JUST STOP IT DAMON!' i yelled throwing my hands up for a milli second before resuming my tight and hard grip on the steering wheel out of anger.

'Damon, grow up' Stefan said bluntly sighing.

'Oh St Stefan, always the voice of fucking reason.' Damon snarled again.

'SHUT UP WOULD YOU!' Stefan yelled banging on the roof with his fist.

'Stefan!!!' I screamed. Not my car, oh hell no.

'Weren't you the one Stefan that said we were all in this together??' Damon said in a sarcastic voice.

'FUCK YOU!'' Stefan yelled, turning in his seat to face his brother. 'You know for a fact if Maya didn't want me here so badly you would've whisked her off the first chance you got; as far away from me as possible!'

'Oh you know me so well brother' Damonsmiled out of the window, the city lights hitting his beautiful face. These boys are my family now, they can't fight.

'Damon, I'm sorry. We're going to a motel called Motel Rocks, it's like 50's and 60's rock and roll styles like Hollywood glamour with a hint of Jimi Hendrix. And next time I'll let you know before i decide anything.' I turned to Stefan to see his bland emotionless face. 'And Damon, however much you may hate the idea i will never leave Stefan, ever.' 

'I know.' He sighed and we settles in silence. But from the back of the car i heard a low whisper. 'and i'll never leave you, ever.' Stefan's head cocked up so i knew i didnt just imagine it. 

Damon's pov

We pulled up to a kick ass looking hotel, or motel. Whatever. All i knew was it reminded me of the rock and roll era, when cigarettes were a fashion statement and casual sex was all the rage. 

'Maya?' A peculiar looking man said.

'hmm' She replied with a small smile.

'Right this way!' He had rather large that drooped and sagged, like he'd been starring at a screen for too long; probably watching porn. I wrapped my arm around Maya's waist, and the little man glanced up before meeting my eyes and reverting his gaze back to the elevator floor.  The motel had 5 floors, i saw the little light pass the 5th floor. The top floor, but the elevator kept moving. The hell?

The little weirdo interupted my thought. 'The motel's spell has hidden the next floor above. Acturally there's a huge gap between the top and the fifth floor,the paranormal floor i guess is equivalent to a 12th floor.' 

'nice' i reply bluntly. Maya rolled her eyes playfully at my tone of voice and bumped my hip with hers.

The elevator doors opened.