Chapter seven - cry to me

Maya

Well, what an eventful day. i sighed, pulling a duvet and sheets out of the cupboard for Damon. i walked back to me room, still in my heels boy did my feet hurt! I layed them down on my bed and removed them one by one, gasping gently when i started walking with out them on.

Damon stood on my balcony, watching me as i opened the french doors and walked towards him. I handed him a pillow and threw the duvet and sheets on the air mattress.

'well , i guess if you need any thing you can just knock and if i'm -'

'how did you meet Stefan?' He was suddenly behind, speaking softly in my ear. i turned to face him.

' i was six years old. My parents were never here, my baby sitter took me to the park, she met her boyfriend, forgot me. i was lost and sat on a swing crying, then Stefan found me and took me home. He would always visit and take me out for ice cream, come over for my birthday and christmas. He met my parents, he bought me presents he took me to school sometimes, in winter we'd make snow angels. you get the point' i looked up at Damon, who was starring at me up and down, one eye brow slightly raised.

'you know out of the Salvatore brothers, every one says im the most fun' He smirked arrogantly at me, lounging against the stone walls of the balcony.

'i don't need a Salvatore boy to have fun with, i'm perfectly fine with out any one' i replied sternly starring at him straight in the face, he seemed surprised by my response.

'well life's no fun with out any one else'

'your life how ever is over. you're dead'  i turned on my heel, and started for my room, when i felt hands around my waist. Damon pinned me against the wall, his face only centimetres from mine, i could feel his heavy breath against my cheek, his eyes so blue starring directly at me.

' i'm taking you out tomorow' He said breathily.

'And where's that?' i replied, slightly lost for words. His hands pinned my arms above my head. ' Damon, my...my hands' i said hesitantly. He let go but didn't move from his place.

'a date' he said smiling.

'A WHAA- ..A DATE...WHAT THE!?' i freaked out, frailing around ih my dress like a mad woman. 'you waltz in, cry on my shoulder, beat stefan up, ruin my last day of high school and yu think you can-' stopped and ran back into my room, he was too off guard to stop me. He stood as close to the house as he could get, his eyes pleading that i talked to him, i closed the doors on him, and he started pacing aggitatedly, his mood darkening.

Damon

She grabbed her pj's and hussled into her baathroom, locking the door behind her. Oh, her glorious body, naked and wet. Gosh. i shook my head, a weak smile on my lips. I heard the sound of gushing water from the shower. fifteen minuets later, she stepped out, in a white crop top and little white shirts with little pink cows on them. Her silken bronze legs, tousled curly hair , wet. i couldn't help my self, i stood there starring, wide eyed.

'stop it! you're freaking me out Damon!' She yelled, finishing with a silken laugh

'well , i do like to get freaky' i smirked at her. She walked out her french doors onto the balcony with me; she leant against the wall. She rolled her eyes at me and smiled as i walked towards her.

'you know what this reminds me of?' i asked her, but she looked at me wide eyed and puzzled. ' it reminds me of Romeo and Juliet, the balcony bit' i winked at her.

'well, Damon you seemed to forget, they both die. Doomed, starcrossed lovers. They were NEVER meant to be' She slapped my arm playfully.

'but that never stopped them'

' I think you're more of a Paris, he never got Juliet' She smiled playfully. When what she said had actually felt like i had taken a blow to the chest. I knew she was saying i would never get her in a playful way , but in the back of my mind a little voice said 'Katherine is Juliet, Stefan is Romeo and you are Paris. She'll never love you...'

'Damon, damon? Are you okay?' She shook me gently, her face full of concern.

'yeah ...i umm-'

'Don't give me that bullshit!' She snapped, oh fiesty! I couldn't help but smile, i wanted to cry to her, but that wasn't me. That was weak Damon.

She stretched and yawned, it was almost 3 am, and we had sat on the balcony talking endlessly. She liked every genre of music, loved chinese food. She could speak fluent french, loved scary movies but was scared shitless afterwards. She loved the smell of rain and mud. She didn't have a certain type of guy, she just liked a sense of humour and some one who treated her well; some one she said 'who i could be locked in a room with and never get bord, and always have some thing to talk about'

'Damon, i'm going to sleep..i..i'm really-' and like that she dropped off to sleep on the air mattress on the balcony floor. I took my jacket off and slipped her inside of it with ease, and sat on the mattress watching her sleep.

'Hey , Maya...' i said, nudging her gently.

'Hhhmmm..?' She said through one lazy eye.

'We didn't get bord of talking, we talked for four hours...' i smiled down at her, as she smiled playfully and closed her eyes again.