chapter 8- The Date

Maya

i woke up to the warm summer breeze, sun against my face and the sound of shuffling. I flashed my eyes open, and i was on my air mattress, on the balcony floor. Last night came flooding back to me...Oh God, Damon Salvatore. Let's just say Stefan was my favourite.

'morning cupcake'

'hello there, ass wipe' i smiled, rubbing my eyes, and then set sight on him. Damon was holding a little pink box, with a black ribbon.

'now that's no way to treat a guest!' He rolled his eyes and sat on the deflated mattress next to me and handed me the box. Oh Gosh, what the hell is this....

'Damon, am i going to regret opening this?' i eyed him cautiously.

'just open it' He rolled his eyes impatiently.

I untied the ribbon neatly and opened the little box to find a little cupcake, with white icing or frosting, dotted with little strawberries. I couldn't hide my excitement! I LOVED STRAWBERRIES!

'Damon, thank you' i could feel my self blushing. He looked pretty damn proud of him self; leaving me speachless and all.

'so i believe we have a date' He cocked his right eye brow up , his lips curved a cruel smile.

'uuuugh, Damon look. I don't want to date any one, especailly after what you  did! And Stefan won't approve of this either and-' Damon gestured for me to stop and Stefan walked in the room smiling at me, but it soon faded when he saw me on the air mattress with Damon.

'Stefan, please tell Damon this is a bad idea...' I smiled at Damon sweetly, waiting for Stefan's voice but it never came. 'Stefan...' i turned to him, lost.

'I think it's a good idea.' He shrugged his shoulders.

'WHAT THE..WHA-' my mouth hung open and Damon laughed in triumph.

'Maya, you don't have to date Damon, but go out....in a guys company, you haven't since Kyle; it'll be good for you. Plus my brother seems to have a soft spot for you' He flashed Damon a smile. Damon reutrned him an evil glare, while i giggled slightly with Stefan.

I turned back to Damon. ' FINE! but where are you taking me?'

'well now, thats a surprise sweet heart' i stood up and strethed , then bent down to collect my cupcake.

Stefan

She stood up and stretched, then made her way to the blacony stone wall that she lent against. I could see Damon's eyes on her...some sort of wanting, i had never sensed this from Damon. It was the feeling of lust and desire; an aching, a wanting for some thing; or in this case some one.

Maya, sat on the balcony wall, licking the vanilla frosting off her cupcake. She caught Damon starring at her, then turned to me.

'Crap! Stefan sorry i know this is your favourite!' Haha, oh how she never failed to amuse me. She skipped over to me, and i embraced her in a hug, then set her back on her feet. She held the cupcake to my mouth, as i bent forward to lick some of the frosting she tapped it on my nose, i tossed her head back laughing and swayed on her feet.

'Now now, come on no time to waste! we have a date' Damon said intervening. He strode over placing his hand on my shoulder. It was his way of saying 'thanks for helping me out with the date thing'

'What should i wear?' she said, now eating the actual cupcake.

'well i could help you choose, or even undress you my self' Damon lounged against the door frame. I shot him a ridiculous look, my face saying 'she's not that type of girl, you're gonna have to try alot harder than cheesy catch lines'