PaW Calming the Alpha

It had been a few days since their wolf sleepover and the four of them decided to keep the knowledge to themselves. They knew Warric would freak and if they told Hackett and Oakley they would surly blab to him unintentionally. Nobody wanted that blowup. Kennard wasn't told because he seemed 'sensitive' and they didn't want him to have a tantrum either.

Yesterday however, Thina thought she heard someone in the hallway while she was in her room talking to Jiro about packs and different customs. When she looked out into the hall nobody was in sight so she just took it as she was hearing things.

She learned about betas and alphas and what every-ones job was in the pack. She knew enough from stories and movies to ask questions and found out that while most was close to true it wasn't always completely true. As to why everyone was always sniffing her, she learned that she smelled yummy. Horrified that she could have been someone's snack when she arrived in a home full of half wolfs Jiro assured her it was not in the snacking way it was in a mate way. Well that really wasn't much better. He then told her that she didn't have to worry because none of the guys were her mate because they would know by now and she was human so it was very unlikely that she would ever be a werewolf mate.

Humans and Werewolf's were hardly ever mates. It was very rare and that the last known pair of human - were mates was a hundred years ago. That humans weren't strong enough to be a werewolf mate and that it usually ended up killing the human.

Thina was in the kitchen putting the mess for lunch away before she called everyone to eat. She knew that she could just call out the back door and if they were in their territory that she would be heard. It was her infamous sandwiches today. Homemade bread with thick sliced turkey and fresh mozzarella cheese melted and toasted in the oven with fresh tomatoes and spinach leaves. The mess was picked up and it was time to take the sandwiches out to put the fresh ingredients on them.

Thena walked to the back door and yelled out into the yard, "LUNCH TIME!" and went back to getting the drinks and chips out.

The back door slammed shut and she turned with a smile on her face to see a pissed off Kennard. "Where are your guard dogs now Bitch!?" He sneered at her.

Taken aback by his tone she replied with "Excuse me?"

"I know you know about us!" He retorted. Before she could get another word in she felt a pain in her jaw from his fist. She didn't even have time to recover before she was being held up by her throat and her legs dangling. The back of her knees were touching the island with lunch on the counter he was holding her so high up.

He was still shouting at her but her mind was still reeling from the punch she had received and the lack of oxygen from being strangled that she couldn't understand him.

New voices could be heard shouting now and she fell to the floor as someone tackled Kennard to the ground. Gasping for breath she looked up to see Jiro checking her over to see how badly she was hurt and looked to the doorway as she seen Garrette and Gavvine dragging an unconscious Kennard towards the stairs. At first she thought the thump thump thump she heard was her heart beating but when she seen Kennard sliding down the stairs she knew it was him thumping half way down them.

Chuckles and giggles of  'OOPS!' and 'Musta slipped outta my hands' were heard.

"Woah!"

"What happened!" Oakley and Hackett shouted in excitement.

"Go get your lunch and take it to your rooms. Do Not come out until told to do so!" Jiro commanded to them.

"AWWW-MAN! we never get to know any of the good stuff!" They whined at the same time.