cooking

Athena... By the blond haired Kristen Stewart. She's not exactly what I pictured but she's close enough. It's short but I think I might do a POV change... Let me know your comments. This isn't edited and it's still a rough draft so don't be harsh 😘

Athena POV

The boys helped carry all the bags and trucks inside and took them upstairs. I walked in expecting the house to look like a mess again but to my surprise it was as spotless as I left it.

I went up to my old room and decided to shower before starting dinner. I laid my outfit on the counter and stepped into the hot spray of water. I tried not thinking about all the changes that were sure to come. How could I be a mate to a werewolf, an alpha shifter. I'm just human.

Will I be able to get their mind link? Or will I do a horrible job at helping run their pack because I couldn't have that bond? Is Warric even going to want my help?

Warric... That brings a million more questions. Unfortunately I won't have any answers unless I can talk to him. Which will happen tomorrow morning first thing. After we celebrate that I got to make this my permanent home and that Jiro has found his mate. I don't even know if Warric will want me as his mate officially so I won't include that in our celebration.

Deciding that I've taken enough time in the shower I get out and put my mind onto what I was going to make for dinner. I have a lot of hungry boys to feed.

Everyone was waiting in the kitchen when I came down. Everyone was talking in low excited voices but when I came in conversation stopped and they all turned to me.

I noticed sadly that Warric was not present in the kitchen. He must be in his office working. Now was not the time to think about Warric and all the questions I had about 'us' so I put a big smile on my face.

"Hi guys!" I chirped happily. "You ready to start the festivities!?"

Everyone started to talk at once.

"You bet!"

"What can I do?"

"Ready to help!"

"I'm so excited!"

Then the chatter started again. I just smiled and waited for them to quiet down again.

I cleared my throat after about five minutes of them still chattering and got their attention, "hey, do you guys want to eat tonight or not?."

"Sorry." They all said with big grins showing me that they really weren't one bit sorry.

I started telling them where I needed who to help, "Kennard, Hackett, and Oakley I want you to gather wood and set up seating around the bonfire pit. Then get the grill ready."

"Yes ma'am!" The three sent mock salutes and left through the back door.

"Hold on just a sec I want to check the kitchen inventory," I turned to the cupboards and took quick stock of them and the refrigerator. "Alright, Jiro can you and Tara go to town for me and grab a few things?" They grabbed hands thrilled at the idea of some alone time glancing lovingly into each other's eyes before looking back to me. "Okay, go get cleaned up and come back down in five for your list. Jiro, I would like you to run the grill when it's time to cook the meat and Tara if you would help set up all the food?"

Tara runs up to me and hugs me so tight she lifts me off my feet and spins us around. "Sure thang suga we'll be back before that chicken crosses da road," then she sets me down and takes off for the stairs. Jiro shares a quick laugh about my friend, his mate, and her silly ways of talking.

I go and start looking through the cupboards to see if we are missing anything. I want to make a feast so I need to make sure everything is perfect. I make my list and set it on the counter turning to Garrette and Gavvine with a big smile. "Let's get cooking!!"

"Sweet!" Gavvine pumps his fist in the air.

"What's on the menu, sis?" Garrette gives me a big hug before washing his hands.

A little while later after Jiro and Tara left for town Garrette was peeling potatoes for the potato salad while the boiled eggs were cooling. Gavvine was making the baked beans and following my recipe to the T and I had just put the steak into the fridge to marinate. Two pots of noodles were boiling merrily away and it was time to start chopping all the veggies for both the pasta salads and fresh salad. Hopefully Jiro hurries back with the rest of the veggies and fruits I have planned to grill for dessert with vanilla ice cream.

Normally the three of us would be goofing off in the kitchen but I know they were itching to ask what happened. I was going to tell them because they deserved to know but I wanted to wait until tonight at the fire. Maybe talk to Warric about things too so that maybe I knew where my life was going to end up. Hopefully here with him... As my mate.