PaW confusion

I'm sorry for the long wait. It's summer break so I hope to have time to write a couple chapters at least. It's short and I apologise but I'm happy to just have time to write.

Athena POV

My mind is still quite foggy. After almost getting my head chopped off and his declaration to the whole town I don't really remember much. I got whisked away to Radford's office along with Warric and they've shoved and shouted and broke things. Now they are quietly conversing at his desk. I've just been wrapped up in a fuzzy warm blanket by the fireplace.

I can't believe I've got a mate. A silly nothing human. ME! Maybe I heard him wrong. Maybe I just imagined it. Yea that's it. I dreamed that he was my mate and I'm already dead.

"Athena," yep that's it. I'm dead and in my own personal heaven. "Athena!" A hand was waving in front of my face and snapped me out of my thoughts. I look up into the face of the man I died for. He had a slight smile and his silver eyes were shining.

"Heaven sure is nice because I get to see you," I told him quietly.

Warric laughed softly and gently cupping​ my face it was a wonderful sound. I could feel the slight electric feeling where his hands were. "Athena, you aren't dead. You're really here with me."

"Oh," I said stupidly.

"Let's go home," he reached for my hands to help pull me to my feet. We walked over to Radford and they shook hands saying they would be in touch after we got back.

Instead of letting me walk I was scooped up into strong arms and carried through the house and out to a waiting truck. Boxes and boxes were stacked in the bed of it and I was set in the front seat. Warric ran to the other side and jumped into the driver's seat and we were already driving before the door closed all the way.

"EEEEEEEEE!!!!!" there was a loud squeal from the back seat snapping me from my daze. I turn around with wide eyes to see Tara Sue literally bouncing in the middle seat with Jiro in the seat behind me and Oakley on her other side. Her crazy curls were bouncing all over and her face was so excited I thought she might explode. "I... EEEEE... SO....EEEEEE...." she couldn't even complete a sentence.

An hour later Tara Sue was still blabbering excitedly about her new life and bouncing. Oakley had his fingers shoved in his ears and Jiro was just gazing lovingly at her. Warric on the other hand was gripping the steering wheel so hard I'm surprised it didn't crumble and he was so tense I could see veins popping out of his arms and neck and one ticking on his forehead.

Without thinking I reached out and placed my hand on his forearm ignoring the electrical feeling and started to massage my fingers into the tense muscles. Slowly my hand was working it's way up his arms and onto his shoulder and finally to his neck. I was about to retract my hand once I realized what I was doing but he let out a huge sigh and his shoulders drooped and all his muscles relaxed.

Warric smiled at me sideways not quite looking at me and reached up for my hand and intertwined our fingers. I could feel the electric sparks  where our skin touched and I felt happy. Tuning out the nonstop chatter in the back that's how I spent the rest of the way home.

HOME. Holding my mates hand.