PaW Trying to Win

"What the HELL is going on in here! You... Dog! Out!" Jiro's face was red and a vein was throbbing in his temple. Man he looked furious! Over me dancing with the dog?

He received a growl from the beast as he started walking away. "Hey! Hes helping..." I scolded Jiro." so you just come back here buddy and you just never-mind Mr. Party pooper." I told the retreating animal. His ears perked back up and he came running back over to me with a wiggle in his step.

"party pooper?" He asked looking calm and confused.

"Yea you ruined our party and you are full of bull poopie... So therefore you are a party pooper" I stated matter-a-factly. When he just looked at me like I had an extra head I decided to change the subject. "Did you finish cleaning your room?"

"Yes, I did thank you very much." Jiro stated proudly.

"Great!" I said excitedly. Smirking evilly and adding a silent evil laugh MUAHAHAHA! "Now you can gather everyone's trash with one of the other boys and take it out with the other two bags by the front door. Also, have the rest of the boys bring down their dirty clothes to put in the laundry room." I turned back to the pooch and cooed to him and ruffled his ears affectionately, " This big guy here is going to help me finish the floor and start dinner, aren't ya buddy?" He oofed at me and shook his head in affirmative, looked to Jiro, and rumbled a short growl. Yea, party pooper... grr... now take care of...

Wait, did he just shake his head yes to me?! Like he understood everything i was saying? Thats just weird. A lot of things about these boys and everything associated with them is weird and plain not normal. I just ignored the thoughts running through my mind that something was going on and just shooed Jiro out of the kitchen again to get things done.

I could hear him upstairs issuing orders like a drill Sergent commanding his troops. I checked the names of the boys off in my head as he called them for their chore, yea i have a mental checklist. "Wait, one of the boys wasn't called... I better check on things and see where Gavvine is." I was murmuring more to myself already headed upstairs. A whine broke my thoughts and I looked over to the pooch with his sad and pleading eyes already holding the broom in his mouth. "okay buddy... I'll look for him later and see what is up."

After 6 garbage bags full of dirty clothes were in the laundry room to be washed and the trash was loaded in the truck, the floor was finally clean. They looked greyish brown when they were dirty but now clean I could see the egyption gold with delacate swirls of an Indian red slate tiles. It looked like a rich cream with cinnamon dusted and swirled on top to complete a warm home feeling that makes you feel safe and warm.

Jiro took the younger set of twins Hackett and Oakley, I still couldn't tell them apart, to the dump with him. Before they left I gave them 'orders' to be quick and not dilly dally or their dinner would be cold and I was not going to wait for them when it was done.

Muttering obsenities Kennard slammed out the back door after giving me a death look.

"ignore him, hes just upset." I heard a familiar deep voice say. I turned to see a slim but built, black hair, blue and grey eyed Twin standing in the doorway with arms crossed leaning on the frame.

"Well yea, I can tell hes upset... what I don't know is why. I don't think I did anything wrong to him."

"Uh" He started. "Its not you, just personal for him. For all of us really." He looked around the kitchen and locked gazes with the dog.

"Oh, well maybe he will warm up to me sometime. The rest of you have been welcoming... I'm a great listener and know how to keep a secret." Hmm wonder if it has to do with their parents? Oh well, no use stressing over it now, dinner wont make itself. Especially around here. " So, ahh..." I trailed off not knowing which one I was talking to. Is this Garrette or Gavvine?

"I'm Garrette." He replied as if reading my mind. "You can tell us apart by our eyes. Mine are the opposite of Gavvine. I'm left blue and right grey." pointing to his eyes to show his point.

"So, Garrette, why don't you help me peel apples and slice them for our dessert." handing him the peeler and the slicer - corer combo. Pointing to the dog I added "hes been a great help but lack of thumbs will make it hard for him to help much with this part." I had the second apple peeler and was reaching for an apple when a cold wet nose nudged it to me." Thanks buddy" I said kissing the top of his head. Taking his front paws off the counter he spun around a few times and raced off up the stairs. I watched with my eyebrows raised.

I heard Garrette mutter "show off" under his breath and we went back to peeling.

Upstairs there was a thump followed by an 'ouch!' and a few other choice words. Then fast footsteps going down the stairs. Gavvine, looking rumpled walked into the kitchen.

"Ahh! Gavvine! So nice of you to finally join us... What happened? Fall asleep and fall out of your bed?" I asked and he just looked at me a little sheepishly.

He gave a snickering Garrette a glare and turned his gaze back to me with warm happy eyes. "Sorry, can i help now?" He looked so hopeful it make my heart squeeze.

"Of course you can sweetie... come on over and I'll put you to work" I handed him the peeler from my hand and grabbed a mixing bowl. "The finished apples go in the pan there" I pointed to the pan to his left.

While the two boys peeled and sliced apples I did the oatmeal crumble for the top and the cinnamon mix for the gooey inside of yumminess. Once that was done I chopped the veggies and started my homemade Alfredo sauce. I use cellentani noodles because they are funner and they remind me of little springs. Their spiral shape catches the sauce and veggies and mmmm is all I have to say. The chicken is cooked to perfection seasoned with fresh garlic fresh ground pepper, and sea salt along with the veggies... Mental drool! I'm surprised the boys weren't wiping their faces because the look on their face said they were drooling too.

The three of us were goofing off in the kitchen like we had all been friends forever instead of it being my first day. I was even finishing their sentences and them mine. The Chicken Alfredo was done and the apple crisp was almost done. The only thing we were waiting on was the garlic bread and the rest of the family.

Kennard came in looking angry and was puffed up like he was a rooster ready to fight. Thought he was sniffing the air discretely taking in the appley sweet and buttery garlic smells. "Kennard," I said trying to sound as kind as I could. Dark blue eyes the color of the night sky narrowed in on me and hardened slightly. He didnt trust me, I could tell. So the wonderfully evil (but cute and fun) person I am, I knew that the only way to gain his trust through his tummy. "The others should be back any minute, would you like to help me set the table?" When he puffed up more I knew he was going to refuse. Hearing the boys shift behind me I threw a mischievous wink over my shoulder to them before stating what I knew was going to be the deal breaker. "I will give you an extra scoop of ice cream with your dessert." I smiled sweetly to him but inside I was doing a little victory dance...

Kennard's face stayed hard but his eyes brightened a touch. He was being quiet and thinking my offer through very carefully when the others walked through the front door.

"Whoa! It smells totally awesome in here!" One of the youngest twins shouted like an excited puppy.

"WOO YEAH! I cant wait to have some REAL food!" the other replied just as happy.

"Good, because Im sick of pizza!" That was Jiro. What is up with him and pizza?

I was still watching the emotions on Kennard's face when I seen his whole face brighten and he yelled a total hick like "OH HELL YEA!"

******* THANK YOU MY PRETTIES****** aaahhhhaha!

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Its not really spell checked nor did I re read it... So let me know if something doesnt make sense and ill fix it.

Oh, and Jamie... don't forget to smear some yummy goodness on that poor male specimen for me... Or remind me to do it...

Comment please