1.

Hello. LONG first chapter. LOTS of information is given out. I hope you like it. c:

Chapter Song: Crush by David Archuleta. 

- Gabie :)

_______

Calum.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm buzzing. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I reached out and grabbed my phone to look at the time.

7:00

I groaned again and turned off my alarm. I placed my white iPhone on my night stand and proceeded to get up from the comfort of my bed.

"Calum you better get up! It's your first day of school and I'd rather you not have you walk into school late!" My dad yelled.

"Yeah dad I got it. I'm coming," I grumbled. I walked into the bathroom, slowly stripped my clothes and stepped into the shower. I turned on the hot water and let the warm water slide down my back.

Wow. The first day of school already. It seemed like yesterday that I was walking out of high school as a freshmen. Time sure does go by fast.

I stepped out of the shower and took the time to style my night black hair. I messed around with my fluffy hair until I decided to leave it tousled. I took the time to wash my face and brush my teeth and walked out to my room to get dressed.

I put on skinny jeans, a black, band t-shirt, and a matching black pair of Vans. I ran downstairs with my backpack, making my way to the kitchen.

Before I could get there a playful furry ball tacked me to the living room floor. I fell on my back with this ball of fur on top of me, barking and licking my face.

It didn't take me long to realize who it was. "Hey Niko," I laughed, petting my German Shepard's head. He barked in happiness then continued to lick me.

"I love you too Niko but if you don't get off of me I'm going to be late for school," I told him. He whimpered then slowly climbed off of me. For a German Shepard, Niko was pretty big. He could tackle me and beat me in a playful wrestle any day.  

I got up to my feet and walked to the kitchen, with Niko following me, to see my dad, flipping pancakes.

Once he saw me walk into the kitchen, he smiled.

"Hey Cal!" He exclaimed. "Hey dad," I replied as walked over and quickly hugged him. Niko had jumped up and barked, which made my dad smile.

"Ready for school?" My dad asked. I shrugged. "I'm more or less neutral about it."

"It's your junior year Cal. Things will get harder, but more enjoyable too," my dad told me. I nodded in response. "Right. Hopefully things are better than they have been," I replied. "It will. Trust me," he assures me.  

Usually, teenagers my age would be having my conversation with their mums. Well, oddly enough I don't have a mum. She left me and my dad when I was fourteen and came out as gay to her and my dad.

And, being the good Christian women she is, she called me a disgrace and said that I was no longer her son. And before I knew it she packed up her stuff and left, without a word.

But not without cornering me and beating me up, on every spot on my body imaginable, while my dad was out at work.

Luckily, my dad accepted me for who I was. He was furious with my mum. So he took the time to make himself my legal guardian and since then, it's been me and him. It took weeks for my bruises to heal but once they did we forgot about my mum. We completely erased her from my life and moved on.