27.

Hello. Sorry for the late update. I have too much homework and busy weekends. xc I can't tell you how much time I put aside to write this chapter. I'll leave you be to see on what's in the chapter. Enjoy! 

Dedication: MrsLollipop99 because of your nice comment. Thank you! c: 

________

Luke.

I sat by Calum's bedside as he took a late night nap. His chest rose and fell evenly as his soft snores and breaths came out quietly. His heart monitor clip was taken off but his cannula was still on. He still complained about chest pains so Dr. Kawr suggested that he keep it on.

"Calum, you're so beautiful. You should've seen how beautiful your son was when he came out. He...he shined," I told Calum, as I entwined our fingers.

"I wish you could've seen him. He...he...I don't even have any words anymore. You just...you just have to see him," I replied.

Suddenly, Calum's fingers started to twitch. His other hand began to stir and his fingers started to twitch. He took a deep breath then slowly opened his eyes.

Once his eyes opened and he saw my fingers entwined with his, he smiled.

"What time is it?" He asked, yawning in the process.

I checked the clock on the wall.

"It's 1:30 in the morning," I replied.

"Lukey why aren't you sleeping? You must be tired. I would be," Calum pointed out.

"I wanted to stay up and watch you, to make sure you were okay. I was scared that..that you'd have nightmares again," I admitted. "Luke, the nightmares are behind me...," Calum trailed off.

I looked at his face and knew that things weren't okay.

"Calum love, I know that look," I told him.

Calum sighed when he realized that he couldn't hide anything from me.

"They came back," Calum sighed, looking down at the blanket covering his legs.

"The nightmares?" I asked.

Calum nodded. "I thought they were gone. I thought I was free. I guess not. Since you saved me from Peter's house, they've been haunting me, a couple times, every week. I thought I could be free. I thought I could put my past behind me and focus on getting my baby safely into the world. I guess...I guess I was wrong."

"Hey hey hey."

I lifted up Calum head and lifted up his head so we made eye contact.

"As long as I'm here, those nightmares won't even think about bothering you. I'll be here to comfort you and get rid of those bad dreams. They won't come anywhere near you when I'm here."

"Lukey..I-"

I interrupted Calum by putting a finger up to his lips.

"You don't need to say anything love," I whispered.

"I...okay Lukey. Whatever you say," Calum replied.

Suddenly, the door slowly opened, revealing Dr. Kawr, holding a special someone in her arms. The figure was wrapped in a blue blanket with a blue hat on his head, sleeping soundly, in her arms, peacefully.

"Calum, would you like to hold your son?" She asked.

"I...I have a son?" Calum asked.

Dr. Kawr smiled and nodded. "Yes Calum. You have a beautiful baby boy."