13.

If you read the A/N in the previous chapter you know what's up. If not, I suggest you read it. Oh, for the chapter song, you could either play it while you read through the chapter or you can start it when you see the A/N I put in. Enjoy! 

Chapter Song: Can I Have This Dance sung by Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron.

- Gabie :)

________ 

Luke.

*Two Weeks Later* 

Today could be Calum's last day in the hospital, which makes me happier than anything. It was also a Friday afternoon so I thought it wouldn't hurt to miss another day of school.

Overall, since Calum's been here, I skipped eight days of school, including today. But, for all of those days, my mum called the school and said I was dealing with a bad cough, sore throat, and high fever and that I was sick in bed. But in reality, I was in the hospital, keeping Calum company.

I told my mum and my whole family that me and Calum were dating and how much I cared about him and his condition. Even before we started dating, they knew how much I cared about Calum. So my family, especially my mum, eventually agreed to let me skip school.

But when there were days I actually I went to school, I would usually skip Chemistry, the last class of the day, to go be with Calum. And besides, Maya and Peter were in that class and I was still mad at both of them, so it was best if I didn't go at all.

Ashton and Michael did tell me and Calum that Maya requested sit with Peter. So when Calum and I did get back to school, we'd be sitting with each other, with Ashton and Michael behind us. 

Since the incident with Peter, Calum's hallucinations have been on and off and the nightmares kept him up at night but I kept my promise and helped him through every step of the way.

Usually I stayed at the hospital at night and just watched Calum, to make sure that he stayed asleep and that he was resting peacefully. If Calum ever did wake up from a nightmare, I'd be there to tell him that I was there and that I was going to protect him from whatever was going to hurt him.

After he saw me there, comforting him, I'd give him a kiss and he'd fall back asleep. And after that he'd have a peacefully night's sleep.

During the day, I wouldn't be able tell you how many cups of coffee I drank or how many times I dozed off in the hospital chair.  

It also helped that Aaron told the doctors that Peter shouldn't be allowed to see Calum. The doctors listened and Peter wasn't allowed anywhere near Calum. Last I heard he tried to come in yesterday but he was stopped by doctors and security.

It wasn't a restraining order but it was just a request to keep Peter away from Calum so he could recover.

Was that a restraining order? I'm not really sure.  

But for the past couple of days, Calum's been slowly going back to his happy normal self, which relaxes me. He's been laughing and smiling more since he's been in the hospital.  

Today also marks the two week point in which Calum and I started dating. I know it's only been two weeks, but it's been an amazing two weeks.

Since then Calum and I have kissed many times, more than I can count. We've shared countless hugs and cuddles. And we talked about everything and anything, like best friends. Nothing I had with Maya could compare to what I had with Calum.