7.

Hey! Sorry if it's a little short. I was busy this weekend and I didn't have much time to write. But I hope you enjoy this chapter! 

- Gabie :)

_________

Calum. 

Luke and I haven't talked since our argument yesterday. How could I even talk to him, after what he said? He basically told me that he doesn't care about me or what I think.

If now would be the to wonder if you could love and hate someone at the same time, now would be a good time. Because, now, I certainly love and hate Luke. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the doorbell ring. My dad left for the restaurant ten minutes ago so I figured it would be Ashton. I walked out of my room and downstairs to the front door. 

I opened the door to see Ashton. He was wearing his usual black tank and skinny jeans with his famous red bandana tied around his head. He wore black vans to complete his outfit. His well known smile was well worn on his face.

"Hey Cal. Ready to go?" He asked. "Yeah," I replied. I followed Ashton outside and locked the door behind me. We both walked to his car and climbed inside his car. He started the car and drove off.

"Are we going to the lake today?" I asked. "Yeah. We could skip rocks or something," Ashton suggested. "Or we could play on the playground. Like we did last time," I told him, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't you dare bring up last time," Ashton warned. "Oh. You mean the last time we went on the playground you got your foot stuck inbetween the monkey bars?" I asked as he gasped.

"You promised that you wouldn't bring that up again!" Ashton complained. "Ash I didn't promise anything. You just made the firefighters promise that they wouldn't say anything to anyone else," I replied, cheekily. "Calum Hood you are a jerk," Ashton told me as I gave him an innocent smile. 

Besides Luke, Ashton is probably the next person I have the most memories with so I have find the right opportunity to bring up an embarrassing time. 

In as short as ten minutes, we reached the lake. Ashton then drove into the parking lot and parked his car and turned off the engine. We walked out and started to walk onto a small trail that lead to the lake shore. From where we were waking, it would take less than ten minutes to get there. 

Once we did get there, the lake was laid out in front of us. The lake was huge, as always. If you looked across the lake, you'd see a line of trees and houses. On the left was a beach where different people were screaming and shouting with laughter. The part Ashton and I were on had a shore filled with different types of rocks. The lake waves crashed against the shore. 

We walked closer to the water and picked up a few rocks. 

"So...have you talked to Luke at all?" Ashton asked as he skipped the first rock. I looked away and threw a rock into the water, not even bothering to skip it.

"No...not really. I don't really want to talk to him honestly," I replied. Ashton sighed. "Well you can't avoid him forever. You have to talk to him sometime."

"No. I can avoid him. I can...not talk to him for awhile. How hard can it be?" I asked.

"Luke's your best friend, and also your crush. I'd start to go insane if I couldn't talk to my crush for days. Tell me Calum, how long, do you think, can you go without talking to Luke, without going insane?" Ashton asked, looking at me.

I looked away from Ashton gaze. Honestly, I won't be able to last long without Luke. He's constantly on my mind and I can't go a day without thinking about him. We joked around all the time and I couldn't help but blush or feel my heart flutter every time he touched me or sent me a smile or called me Cal.