MY BELOVED ASSASSIN

Athena thought,” Just for tonight, I will take the role of a damsel in distress.”

With that she collapsed as Jake was walking past her and his instincts fast- was able to catch her before she would’ve hit her head first on the hard cement floor.

They were on a Masquerade Ball- A masked party thrown by one of the rich socialites Agatha Falcon, she is the current squeeze of one of the rumored financier of an underground drug syndicate that Jake’s team was investigating.

Athena on the other hand was on a mission to take down -Rufus Baltazar, Agatha’s sugar daddy, the guy Jake is investigating.

Athena knew of Jake’s reputation. She was impressed with his resume and heard great things about him. She also knew why he was here. She needs to distract him so she can go through with her mission.

Hey, easy…” Jake said to the woman in his arms…. she seem so delicate ..fragile enveloped in his strong arms.

Jake held her up until she seem to be able to stand on her own. Her hand still clutching his arm and trying to get support.

Athena thought ,”Wooh that was close, good thing I know his instinct is that of a knight in shining armour otherwise she would’ve landed head first on the floor-that would’ve been
Not good at all.
” she hid her smirk as she looks down as if trying to adjust her gown .

She looks so pretty wearing a tube silver gown. It has slits on both sides that showcases her long slender legs.

Jake wasn’t able to hide his admiration for her. She sure is beautiful and sexy even with that mask she is wearing.

Are you okay miss? Do you need a drink or anything- water maybe?” he asked still a little worried about her.

Athena shook her head trying to appear calm and hesitating,” Uhmmm I’m fine I’m a little dizzy…I think it was the vodka I drank.. I’m not used to drinking ….” she made her legs a little wobbly again and grabbed his arms for support, accidentally brushing her body onto his.

Damn this woman…” Jake silently cursed affected by the sudden body contact… this woman is affecting his senses. Awakening something within him. He shook his head and tried to shake off anything he was starting to feel.

Oppps …easy…hold on let me take you to the lounge…” it was like a sitting area in the house.

He took her his arms around her waist as he guided her to the lounge area.

Thank you..” Athena said meekly .

She was now seated in one of the large comfortable couch.

The room was large, it was well decorated – simply yet classy. Only a painting is on the wall plus the large couch, a coffee table and a floor lamp. It was dimly lit up adding a certain mood in the room. There was also a baby grand piano in One corner.

Jake sat next to her and asked her again if she needed anything. She shook her head and told him she’s fine now-”I’m ok .. I just need a little rest here and I’ll be fine. You can go ahead. I don’t wanna ruin your night by being my sitter.” she joked.

Jake smiled , unlike her he wasn’t wearing mask anymore he took it off when he was guiding her here.

That was the first time she saw him
Smile the whole night. He was rumored to be strict and serious- hardly smiles and always by the books.

You don’t look like you are ok. I will stay a little bit more until I feel that you can handle yourself- how about that?” he said.

okay,” she cursed silently…her plan worked but she only wanted a little bit of time with him.

Silence between them, and then Jake asked ,”So whats your name?and do you mind taking off your mask so you feel better also?” he was curious how she looks like, he knows she is sexy and her voice sounds sexy,too but still he would like to see the face behind the mask- he can see she has a beautiful pair of brown eyes.

Noooo, Athena screamed silently.
Ahh no, I can’t take off my mask sorry. My name is Anette.” she said.

Ok Anette, whatever you say, nice meeting you. I’m Jacob, Jake for short .” he offered his hand…

Athena took it and felt Jake’s hand is strong and warm- she pulled her hand and smiled.

She thought it would be easy to get Jake’s attention but she didn’t know it was hard to get rid of him.

She asked him if he is with someone, which he replied by shaking his head..” No, I’m with some colleagues..,this is supposed to be a w…,”he stopped himself and realized what he is doing in this place …”Shit! Excuse me Anette, I have to go,I hope you feel better.”

Then he heard a pop, he was just shot with a dart which was filled with sleeping chemical .

Athena smiled, one down,”Sorry mister detective..I have work to do.” she hurried past the now sleeping Jake on the floor.

She has a mission tonight and she has to do it fast, she looked at her wristwatch, 10 before midnight.