Chapter Thirty Five

Cheryl's POV:

"I won't fall out of love, won't fall out of..."

I sit at the piano in a room downstairs, trying to improve and fit some actual music to the lyrics i wrote for 'Parachute'. I've been sat since around 6 this morning, occasionally having a few minutes outside in the fresh air for Marley and to clear my thoughts a bit. I also texted Kimberley saying not to bother coming today and i was ok.

"Chez? Thought i heard Mark say you was in here, what're you up too?" Lily walks in, skipping happily.

"Just messing around."

"Miss your music?"

"Sort of. I've performed ever since i was a little girl and it was always the place i could forget about things you know? Nothing else mattered when i sang and danced, everything was just forgotten about."

"It's your place."

"What?"

"It's your place. I've learnt over the past few years that every one has this one place, the one place where no matter how ill or mental you are, it let you escape your thoughts. Mine was in the water, might sound stupid but i grew up by a beach so i was constantly in the water. Once you can get to that stage of being able to get in to your 'place', it can make you feel a whole lot better and faster."

"Don't you go in the pool here or even ask to be taken to the beach?"

"Sometimes, yeah. It does help but i have so many off days that i won't step foot out of my room, it's hard. Anyway what're you up to?"

"Oh nothing, just wrote down a few lyrics earlier and played around with some music."

"Can i hear it?"

"Oh no, it's not that good. It's nothing."

"No, come on! Let me hear it? Please?"

"Fine but it's not fully completed and i may change round a few lyrics and it would be probably better with a dance routine, you know ballroom? A Latin routine probably? Anyway it'll need improving with other instruments and things but for now-"

"Cheryl!" She interrupts my nervous babbling and stalling to perform.

"Just play the song?" I nod and clear my throat before reading the music and starting playing the piano.

....

"... Down Down Down."

"Woah, Chez- I- Wow." I blush, my cheeks turning bright red.

"I mean it's not finished yet, it has a lot of work to do but-"

"Shut you up talented cow! That was AMAZING!"

"It was?"

"One of the best songs i've heard seriously."

"Thanks." I mumble as she looks through the lyrics.

"Do you wanna go get some lunch? I've been in here for a while." I ask, gathering the papers up.

"Sure, come on my favourite little popstar!" I laugh as she links my arm
and pulls me away, skipping out of the studio.

----

"So can i ask you something?"

"Um... yeah ok."

"You know that song? Parachute?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, the lyrics?"

"Yes?"

"Who are they about?" Well i wasn't expecting that question. I sigh and look down at my food.