Chapter Eighteen

Kimberley's POV:

"You ok?"

Nicola asks, reaching across the table and taking my hand in hers.

"She was so happy"

"Today she was but deep down, she's the complete opposite of happy"

Nadine whispers, all of us being sat in pretty much silence, none of us not knowing what to say.

"She begged me and i promised and i've let her down"

"Let her down? Kimberley you've been unbelievably strong! If she'd have stayed at home, she would have only got worse and worse until well you know-"

I nod at Nicola still not quite convinced, Rebecca walks over us, a sad smile on her face.

"Is she ok?"

I ask immediately, not giving any one else chance to speak.

"I think she was in quite a bit of shock so she went a bit more hysterical, she finally calmed down so we let her back to her room but when we left to come collect you girls, she's wound herself up and punched the wall. We came back in and took her back down to the safe room but i'm pretty much certain, she's broken at least a few knuckles but she won't let us see so we're gonna leave her in there to calm down properly!"

We all nod, not really caring and just wanting to make sure Cheryl is ok.

"You girls can go up to her room whenever you're ready, oh and you're gonna need these for when you visit"

She passes us all a card to click on to our clothing for when we visit so people know we're meant to be here. I'll be pretty much using every day. Sarah leads us all up to Cheryl's room and i instantly notice the mark on the wall where her fist connected with it.

Nadine and Nicola are already unpacking her things for her but i just sit on the bed, not knowing how Cheryl's going to cope.

It's been a painfully silent hour but we're interrupted by Rebecca who signals for us to leave. I look to the side briefly when i see Cheryl being led down the corridor by two large men, like a prisoner. I can see the tears on her cheeks and i can hear her shaky breaths. I feel Nadine's hand on my shoulder as they stop just infront of us.

"We'll be with you in a second!"

Rebecca nods towards Cheryl as the men go in with her, shutting the doors behind her.

"I'll leave it to you, they'll be two men on the corridors so any trouble press the button on the wall near her bed and shout for the guys. Good luck girls, just remember to sign out when you go?"

"Thanks"

Sarah whispers as she walks away, i hold back the tears as Nicola holds open the door for me to go in. Once we're in, the two men smile at us and leave.

As the door shuts i turn towards Cheryl, she's sat down on the floor by the draws. Her knees brought up to her chest and her face buried in her arms.

"C-Chez?"

I hear Sarah stutter however Cheryl doesn't move. Her body slightly rocks with her cries, Nadine and Nicola sit down.

"We unpacked for you Cheryl!"

Nicola says enthusiastically but gets no response. I go down beside her, crouching down and gently push her hair away for her face.

"Hey you, there's no need for this? You're gonna be ok babe, you can do this! We'll be here everyday, it's gonna be good for you. I couldn't let you do this to yourself, i care too much and i love you too-"