Chapter Thirty Three

Kimberley's POV:

"Chez?"

"In here!"

She shouts from the bathroom, after the girls left yesterday, we had an hour or so together before i left to plan her 'surprise'. It wasn't so much as a surprise, more of a present or a friend?

"Come sit down."

I grab her hand and pull her into my lap, a smile working it's way on her face.

"What's up chuck?"

I laugh and kiss her scrunched up nose, her hands wrapping around my neck.

"Well yesterday, seeing you with Alfie just made my heart melt. You had someone to take your mind off things and i know you have us through the day but you're quite lonely at night and well whenever we aren't here, so-"

"Kimberley i love you a lot and everything but if you've adopted a baby, i can't-"

"Shut up Chez! Sit down, it's outside."

She moves up towards the pillows, crossing her legs like a child while i run and get her present.

"Right, don't scream-"

"Why?!"

"Because you'll find out, just don't be too loud or eager! I don't want to spoil anything before you've even got it. Anyway i know you'll absolutely love it and you've been missing them for a while now you haven't got them anymore so i don't know, well i just thought why not? And Rebecca says it's ok, so well here."

I well and truly messed up my speech but i pass her the box anyway. She slowly untied the ribbons and removes the lid before silently screaming and flapping her hands around before picking him up.

"Kimba! Oh my god, i can't believe you! Oh god, he/she's so adorable! Hello baby."

"He, it's a He Chez. I can remember a while back when we was watching Marley and Me and you was ranting on about wanting one but because of travelling issues you couldn't but what times better than now? We don't travel much so why not?"

She fusses over the small golden retriever puppy as he happily tries to chew on her fingers.

"I can't believe you did this! He's amazing, has he got a name?!"

"No, he's from a shelter not far from here actually. Loads of them were found, dumped in some garage so they're all name free. He's had his injections and everything."

"Well then, what shall we call him?!"

"Nothing cliché! Something a bit original?"

"Can we call him Marley? After the film?"

She's never took her eyes off the puppy once but now she's staring straight at me, begging for me to agree with the name.

"Fine, i quite like it actually."

"I love it."

The dogs barking quietly now, if you can even call the high pitched yell a bark as she moves her fingers away from his mouth as he gets closer.

"I love him, he's gorgeous?! Yes you are."

I laugh and go sit right beside her as she coos over him, like a baby. She soon turns her attention to me, her face inches away from mine.

"Thank you. You didn't have too but, well thanks. Love you."

She presses her lips lightly against mine before jumping back when she hears the puppy bark again wanting her attention. I wrap my arm around her waist, letting her lean against me then kissing her cheek.