Chapter Five

Kimberley's POV:

"Oh for god sake!"

I hear Cheryl scream from the bathroom, her voice sounding sleepy but annoyed.

"You ok in there?"

She walks out with her injured arm being held up with her hand.

"No, i'm not ok! I can't even go for a wee without my arm causing me trouble"

"Come on, back to bed"

I hold my arms out for her to join me, she moves closer, pulling herself up to my body.

"It won't be for long, just a few days"

"Those few days can't come quick enough!"

I snigger, just enjoying the piece of quiet and most of all Cheryl being normal.

"Kimba, can i ask you something?"

"Yeah hunny, anything you want?"

"What happened between you and Justin?"

"You know what happened?"

"No, i mean the truth"

"That is the truth, we had nothing left"

"But you guys were together for like 10 years, that just can't all go away"

"Yeah it was hard and i obviously still love Justin to bits but it felt as if we were best friends, i wouldn't go as far as brother or sister but when we called it quits, it wasn't hard, it felt like it was the right thing to do before it got complicated"

"Do you miss him?"

"Sometimes yeah, whenever i need a cuddle or just someone to be here for when i get home so i aren't coming back to a dark, empty flat"

She stays quiet obviously thinking things through.

"But i have you here now and i couldn't ask for better company!"

She laughs, moving her face up to kiss my cheek then resting it on my shoulder. We stay in silence for 10 minutes, just cuddling but reality soon comes back when my phone starts ringing violently.

"Hello?"

"What happened to ringing me last night?!"

Nadine shouts through the phone.

"Alright, i forgot! No need to deafen me!"

"You panicked me, that's all"

"Well we're fine, just a few stitches and a quick blood test"

"Aw good, tell her we're glad she's ok"

"Will do"

"What are your plans for today?"

"We're still laid in bed but we haven't got one as of yet"

"Ok, well i'm going shopping but then we're gonna go out for a meal tonight? If you two fancy it?"

"Yeah, we'll join you"

"Good, i'll send a car for you around 8? Nicola is in the studio till 7 so we're going later, is that ok?"

"Yeah fine, we will see you then, bye"

"Bye"

Cheryl leans up, looking at me with a confused expression.

"What's going on?"

"We're going out for dinner tonight with the girls and yes you are coming and no you don't have a say in it"

"But-"

"Cheryl!"

"Fine"

She sighs before shuffling up, leaning against the head board.

"So what do you want to do until then?"

"I don't mind"

"Stay in or go out?"

"Stay in"

"Alright, maybe you could give your mum a call?"

"I might do, she'll be ok. She's got the dogs so if anything happens, she'd ring anyway"

"How about talking to Tre? Seeing if he's alright?"

"He probably hates me, i don't think that's a good idea"

"He doesn't hate you, he's just confused and angry"

"I'll give it time, work out what to do next week"

"Ok, whenever you're ready"

She smiles, kissing my cheek then running off downstairs. I leave her to sort herself out downstairs and jump in the shower.

"Kimberley?!"

"Yeah babe?"

"I've made you a cuppa!"

"I'm coming"

I wrap a towel around my body before opening the door to see Cheryl laid on her phone in bed.

"What's with your face?"

I ask seeing a frown forming on her face.

"It's nothing"

"It obviously isn't, come on tell me?"

"It's just another article that's all"

"What does it say?"

"There's a picture of Tre at a bar and they've obviously thought i would have been there but because i never was, they've made up a story up about how we're not together anymore"

"It's just some pathetic journalist, ignore it"

"But they're not lying are they?"

"What?"

"Well me and Tre? We're not exactly together anymore, are we?"

"Of course you are, you're just not physically together"

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Are you seeing anyone?"

"I thought we'd talked about this the other day with the girls?"

"Yeah but you can tell me? Just between me and you"

"I'm not honestly, i would tell you!"

"So you're not attracted to anyone at all?"

"Not right now, doesn't mean to say i won't find someone. I just don't feel the time is right, me and Justin we're together really aslong as the bands been together. It's hard to move on as quick just because i take my mind off things and act completely fine, doesn't mean i still don't miss or love him"

She sits there, just listening.

"Seriously Cheryl, i don't want no more depressing or deep conversations with you today! Come on, get ready and we'll have some dinner"

She nods and skips off, disappearing into the bathroom.

While she's in the shower, i chuck on a track suit and go make us some dinner. This could be the day we finally get through without having any panic attacks or breakdowns. She's getting stronger.

"DID YOU TELL HIM? NO NO NO GIVE HIM KISSES? NO NO NO"

I hear Cheryl's voice echo through the house, leaving her to sing away. I put the dinner on the table where she appears in the kitchen still singing away.

"GET HIM OUT FOR COFFEE? HELL YEAH!"

She dances her way past me and to the table where she finally sits down and shuts up.

"So where we off tonight?"

"I don't know where, they said they'll send a car"

"Alright"

"Let's hope it's somewhere with no music or you won't shut up"

"Don't act like you didn't love my singing"

"I wouldn't say loved"

"Hey!"

She smacks my arm playfully before starting to eat her lunch, my phone starts to vibrate in my pocket when i notice it's Nicola.

"Cheryl ok today?x"

"Very good actually, been playing around and singing this morning x"

"Good to hear! Anyway we're going to Nobu, Sarah rang there earlier, no doubt paps will be waiting but it's easier to get in:) See you soon x"

"Chez? We're off to Nobu"

"Oh good i love it there! What's the time?"

"Just past two, we have just over three hours"

"Okay"

She smiles happily and tidies up. She's doing so well, it would be amazing to get through today.

I stay pretty much out of her way while we get ready, thinking back to performances with the girls and the stress of having a time limit would make her go mental. If anyone spoke to her or got in her way, there would be trouble. Once i'm ready, i wait downstairs when she appears. She's looks so beautiful, you would have never have guessed that she would have acted the way she did a few days ago.

Her hair is flowing around her face and her make up is done perfectly. A coloured dress, slightly hiding her thin figure but making it look amazing anyway.

"Wow you look gorgeous!"

"Thank you"

She smiles, playing with her hair. The car horn beeps outside and i wait by the door where she follows but stops pulling my arm back.

"You think this is a good idea?"

"What?"

"Well with all the paps and stuff"

"You still worried about that article you read earlier?"

"No it's just-"

"Stop worrying, you've never been bothered about that stuff before so why start now? Now get them dimples out and let's have a good night with the girls yeah?"

She squeezes my hand and nods before following me out and into the car.

Cheryl stays quiet the whole journey there and i can sense how nervous she is so i give her some time to think. Before we know it the flashing lights are going and the continuous shouting of our names start. I get out myself before holding my hand out to help Cheryl out and lead her in. I follow the security infront of me and Cheryl is holding on to not only my hand but my top aswell as a security guard behind her practically covers her whole body.

"GIRLS! Hello!"

The owner immediately greets up, kissing our cheeks and giving us a warm welcoming hug.

"Cheryl it's so good to see you again! You haven't been in a while!"

"I know, been caught up in LA"

"I've seen pictures of you with that gorgeous man of yours!"

He laughs as Cheryl smiles and nods her head.

"Speaking of gorgeous you two look flawless!"

"Thanks"

I answer just wanting to sit down.

"So are the girls here?"

I ask getting impatient.

"Yeah right this way Miss Walsh"

We follow the waiter through the restaurant getting plenty of stares but are seated in a quiet corner in the back.

"Hey you two!"

Nicola shouts, giving us a hug aswell as Nadine and Sarah giving us a hug too.

"We've got the drinks in"

Nadine announces passing us some as we sit down.

"So how's your arm Chez?"

Sarah asks, seeing the bandage still wrapped around her arm.

"Better, just a few stitches but nothing major"

"Did look painful though!"

"Yeah it's not too bad, just keep taking tablets"

The girls all start more conversations as we decide on what we want to eat.

"So we was thinking after here, we could go for some drinks?"

Nicola asks, being wary of Cheryl.

"What do you think Chez?"

I turn to Cheryl, who's sat nodding.

"Yeah, why not?"

The girls all discuss where to go, i lean over whispering to Cheryl.

"You feel okay to go?"

"Yeah fine, i'm not a kid Kimberley"

She answers bluntly.

"I know, it's just you got a bit worried earlier"

"Yeah well i'm here now"

She replies before ending the conversation and joining in discussing places to go.

Once we're all done, we decide to grab the bill and get a taxi straight to a club. I hadn't spoke to Cheryl much throughout the meal and it became very noticeable to the girls but they always know not to ask yet. Cheryl links arms with Sarah, i follow out not far behind with Nicola and Nadine.

"Chez! Sarah!"

As we finally get out, i see the taxi that Cheryl and Sarah in, speed off.

"What the hell?!"

Nicola yells, annoyed.

"Come on, we will get the next one and meet them there"

I get that familiar nervous feeling in my stomach, it wasn't such a good idea that Cheryl took off with Sarah.

When we pull up at the club, we rush in and while Nadine gets the drink, Me and Nicola search the club for both of the girls.

"They'll just be dancing somewhere, come on let's go and grab a seat"

We walk to the VIP thinking they may be in there but there's still no sign. We take a seat anyway but i can't help think Cheryl could kick off any minute and i won't be there for her.

It's later on in the night and we've bumped into some old friends that we knew from the early days of the band. We catch up with them for a good couple of hours and decide to call it a night and go find the girls. Both of their phones must have been switched off as every time we rang, it went to answer phone. We decide to take a walk before calling a taxi, slowly heading in the direction of my flat.

"Cheryl please! Come on girl, you need to get up!"

I hear from an alley way beside us, recognizing Sarah's voice immediately. Panic takes over my mind as i look at the girls worryingly.

"Sarah! Sarah?!"

"Kimberley? Is that you?! Oh thank god!"

We follow her voice when we see her stood beside a half unconscious Cheryl, laid on the floor, her head slightly propt up against the wall.

"What the hell happened?!"

"She said she was coming to find you girls then i came out here to see if you had a taxi yet and when i rang Cheryl, her phone rang out here"

I lean down beside her, pulling her hair away from her face.

"Come on babe, let's get you up"

I pull her arm round my shoulder and Sarah helps with the other side.

"Cheryl come on babe, walk!"

She starts giggling to herself.

"Aw Kimba's here! WOOO!"

She screams, drunk.

"Nic go get a taxi ready"

Nic nods and runs off, calling a taxi.

"Aw look at you! You're so cute ain't ya?!"

She shouts into my ear, thinking she's whispering.

"How'd you get out here?!"

"Out where? Where are we?"

"Never mind"

We all get in the taxi, Cheryl laid on my shoulder, falling asleep. Once we get home, me and Sarah again, grab Cheryl and try and get her up the stairs.

"Right Sarah, one two three!"

We both get up the first step.

"ONE TWO THREE FOUR EVERYTHING HE DOES BETTER THAN-"

She sings the first lines of the promise, amusing herself.

"Cheryl Sh! You're gonna wake the neighbours"

"They come join the party, yeah?!"

"No it's bed time!"

She shakes her head and we stop before the last flight of stairs and sit her down while we have a seconds rest. When we go back to pick her up, she's nearly asleep which makes it all even harder.

"Grab her thigh Sarah and Nadine you pick up her legs"

As me and Sarah pull Cheryl up, holding her up by her thighs aswell, Nadine grabs her feet and we get her upstairs.

"Finally! Right lay her on the couch girls"

We lay her down as softly as possible but she fidgets round a lot before getting comfortable. I walk into the kitchen with the girls, all pretty exhausted.

"Sarah how come she got so drunk?"

"We bought a shot and a cocktail and that's it, she must have had more when she left me, i'm so sorry Kimberley"

"Hey it's not your fault! She's just a mess now, we need to keep a close eye on her, keep her away from any alcohol and get her to see a doctor!"

All the girls nod their heads in agreement when i hear the sound of Cheryl violently throwing up.

"Oh god!"

I run in where Cheryl is laid on her side, throwing up basically the whole contents in her stomach. I run by her side, holding her hair back and rubbing her back. Sarah runs towards us, putting a bucket infront of Cheryl even though most of it is spread on my carpet. After a good ten minutes, i take her into the bathroom to clean her up.

"You feel like you're going to be sick?"

She shakes her head, making no noise.

"Come on then, let's get you in the shower"

I help her out of her clothes that are full of sick and chuck them into a bag, i turn the shower on helping her in where she leans against the wall, making no effort to get washed. I clean all the sick i can see off her and help her out, she's stood froze to the spot, letting me pull her round.

"Bed?"

She nods again, i wrap a towel around her and walk her into the bedroom. The girls are all taking it in turn to clean her sick up.

"Aw girls you didn't have too"

"Don't be silly, it's fine! You have enough on"

I nod and smile gratefully before taking Cheryl into the bedroom and dressing her in some pajamas, like a six year old. I lay her in bed and cover her over, tucking her in, making sure she won't get cold. I look down at her now very pale face, her lips pouting slightly. I leave her a glass of water along with a bucket beside the bed.

"Kim?"

Nicola whispers from the door, i nod and walk out.

"Ok we need this sorting right now!"

"I agree, she's getting worse"

"So tomorrow i'll keep her in most of the day then bring up the idea, if she agrees then we can get her the next available appointment then if not, we're going to have to bring a doctor by the house and tell her straight ourselves"

"Oh, yeah good plan"

"I'm so nervous, what if she flips on me for even asking?"

"There's nothing more we can do with her, she's going to drive herself insane!"

"I should have been there for her"

"What? Kimberley this isn't your fault, she was in LA half the time"

"But i shouldn't have let her stop calling, i should have rang her everyday and did what i could to stay in touch"

"Kimberley! Stop blaming yourself! That isn't going to help at all now, come on you need to stay strong! You just need to keep her occupied for a while until we sort out the doctors"

Sarah explains, taking charge. I nod, holding back my tears when i hear a very drunk Cheryl get out of bed.

"Right, guess this is round two"

I sigh, pulling myself up and walking towards Cheryl who appears in the kitchen.

"Come on babe, back to bed"

"No"

She pushes me to the side and checks the cupboards for what i assume she's looking for; alcohol.

"You're not going to find any in there Cheryl"

She blatantly ignores me and carries of searching.

Nicola approaches her and takes her hand.

"Come sit down and have a coffee with us? Yeah?"

For a brief moment i thought she might kick off, maybe even hit Nicola but she took her hand from hers and carried on searching. I signaled for the girls to go into the room and shut the door behind me taking a seat by the sofa.

"What are we doing?"

Sarah asks sitting nervously.

"Just leave her be for now, she'll calm herself down probably. Anyway it's late, why don't you girls get back?"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, i'm off to bed and hopefully Cheryl will wear herself out"

"Ok well we're gonna look for a doctor tomorrow, call if you need anything"

I say my goodbyes to the girls and lock the door and hide the key. I walk through the kitchen, glancing slightly at Cheryl. Tears rolling down her face, yet she's still searching the cupboards but i'm not quite sure what for now.

I walk by her and into my bedroom, getting ready for bed then sliding in listening to the cupboards banging and her cries.

"No! Noo!"

She cries again and around hour later, it's goes silent. Guessing she's given up, i stay laid in bed with my eyes remaining clothes when i hear the door open. I hear some light footsteps then Cheryl get into bed beside me. She immediately wraps her arms around me and snuggles into my back, thinking i'm asleep.

I feel tears fall down my cheeks, how can someone who was the nations sweetheart and was so perfect become so broken and lost?