Chapter Four

Kimberley's POV:

"Kimba? Kimberley?"

I hear Cheryl's voice echo from the hallway until she appears in the doorway of my living room.

"Hey you, you feeling ok?"

She doesn't look so comfortable at first but once i hold my hand out for her to join me, she walks over cuddling up beside me. She goes to rest her head on my shoulder but pulls away quickly when she sees the marks on my chest that have started to turn deep purple by bruises.

"Oh Kimba, i'm so sorry! I'm so stupid!"

"Stop! This wasn't you ok? It doesn't hurt, it's fine"

"But i kept smacking my arms against your chest, i'm so sorry"

The hurt look appears in her eyes, as her fingers run over the bruises displayed.

"Babe it's honestly ok, stop worrying! It hurts more to see you upset than a few bumps on my chest"

I wipe the tears that are set to race down her face. She cuddles up to me, her body is so cold. I pull a blanket from behind the sofa and wrap it around us both. We stay silent for way over ten minutes, just enjoying the silence.

"Right what do you wanna do? We can't sit here forever as much as you want too"

"That's a shame, i don't mind"

"Come on, to the kitchen!"

I sit up, moving her up with me.

"What are we doing?"

"We're off to make some cupcakes!"

"Cupcakes? Kimba i can't cook"

"Then it's a good job i'm here then isn't it?"

She giggles as i jump up, holding my hand out for her to grab and follow me.

"Ok you get the milk, butter and eggs from the fridge and i'll raid the cupboards"

"Got it"

She turns around, taking out all the ingredients needed from the fridge. I look at her seeing how she's being totally normal and happy but only an hour or so earlier, she was screaming, crying and breaking down.

"Alright?"

"Yeah"

"Ok so you measure those and i'll do the oven"

She measures up the ingredients before following my instructions to add them into a bowl. I take some flour and blow it in her face, causing her face to turn white.

"Bring it on!"

She shouts before throwing some in my face. Soon the whole kitchen is turning white along with our faces but most importantly Cheryl's laughing and smiling. We get cleaned up and once we're done and put the cupcakes in the oven, we start making some dinner.

"I'll put the kettle on"

She announces, before making us both a cup of tea.

"I'm just nipping to the loo"

I walk to the toilet, satisfied with taking Cheryl's mind off everything and keeping her happy. As i wash my hands, i hear Cheryl scream from the kitchen. Oh god no. I race in to find Cheryl clutching her arm tight.

"Cheryl, what happened?!"

Tears run down her face when i notice the boiling hot water spilt over the side.

"I grabbed the kettle and i got this shooting pain through my arm then i dropped it and it went everywhere"

"Aw, let me see?"