Chapter Thirty One

Cheryl's POV:

And off she went.

For the second night, another sleepless night for me. As i walk back to my room, Lily stops me for a quick drink and another load of apologies.

Once i finally convince her we're fine, i sleepily walk back to my room. Maybe Kimberley won't have gone to bed yet? She's only a phonecall away.

"Cheryl? Everything ok?"

She answers sleepily, so maybe she did go to bed.

"Yeah, i just needed to hear your voice."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

I can't hide the crack in my voice as the tears well up in my eyes.

"Babe, don't. I'll be there in the morning, take deep breaths, come on."

She tries to settle me down but it doesn't work, i just want her here with me. I can't do it alone.

"Don't cry babe. You're strong, you can do this. You've got it."

"I can't- I can't do this anymore Kimba. I don't want to do it alone. I can't-"

I cry down the phone, the tears now racing down my cheeks.

"Can you not get to sleep? It will come much quicker and i might even be there by the time you get up in the morning."

"Kimba i can't. I can't sleep."

"You sound really tired though babe."

"I'm tired of this. I just want to be ok

again Kimberley. Why am i not better yet?"

"If this is about Lily, you remember what you was saying? How it wasn't her talking, it was the condition."

"No, she's been in here for over a year. I can't spend all that time in here."

"You won't because you're stronger than that!"

"I'm not! Please Kimba, can you come here? We can get out of here together and leave this place."

"Babe you know we can't."

"Please Kimberley."

I'm practically begging her down the phone now maybe i could leave this place myself.

"I love you so much Cheryl but you know i can't do that. You have to be strong, i'll be there soon."

"Okay."

"Just take deep breaths, okay?"

"Ok, i'll get some sleep."

"Good girl, night babe. I love you."

"Love you, night."

I hang up the phone and pull on a jumper before heading out. Mark and Steve thankfully no where in sight. I go straight to the garden looking at the wired fence. I can climb that, right?

After several tries and my injured hand becoming increasingly more painful, i scream in anger. I wipe away the angry tears from my face before trying again, the tears only getting faster as the impossibility gets higher.

"You really don't want to do that."

I hear a voice behind me and i know it's Kimberley straight away. I turn around, the moonlight clearly showing the tears on my face.